Anyone set yesterday or today?

I am so jealous. I keep forgetting that my ducks are a week later than your chickens, so everyone I set with is hatching today/yesterday/tomorrow while I have to wait till next Thursday.

It's just not fair. Silly ducks, hurry up.

andisgarden, "so far" we have 8 Black Copper Marans, 3 Blue Marans, 1 White Marans & 1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte!!!! We had to help 1 bcm & the white marans hatch...but they are doing great!! I am SO happy
smile.png
celebrate.gif
do you have any more out now??

The waiting is so hard, eggybritches (love your name, btw)!! You must post pics when they hatch..little ducklings are SOOOO cute!!

thechickonthehill...pics please!! We have 10 Wheaten Marans due Saturday!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

This is just so exciting!!
smile.png

Mine are done, finished very late last night, Well, early Thurs morning, really. I see it's after midnight!

I had 10 good eggs out of 15, there were 5 clears. Of the 10, 8 hatched, so an 80% hatch. Healthy, vigorous buckeye chicks. I hatched them in the incubator, but I had a hen who's been broody for about 3 weeks. I moved her to "the private maternity ward", and slipped the chicks under her this evening. She's a good mommy, with a proven track record. This will be her 3rd clutch to raise this year.

The chicks are Buckeyes, and they're pretty little things!

I lost count of the standards that have hatched. My seramas are being slow.
sad.png
I do have an interesting one with a mostly black body then yellow belly strip, ends of wings, and head. Then there's a yellow one with dark spots on it's wings and a dark one is hatching.

hit.gif
I lost my little serama chick with the yellow markings. I went to check on them and it was dead laying near the heat lamp. Something must have been wrong with it. It did keep getting stuck on it's back but that's not uncommon for newly hatched chicks.
sad.png
I don't know. It seems all I can hatch are plain yellow bantam chicks. If I try to get anything with color it dies. I feel like giving up for the year.

Okay, so far I have 4 energetic little fuzzballs
clap.gif
and one more zipping. The remaining two have nothing going on yet. I'm going to check on them late this afternoon and see if there is any sign of a pip. If not, I'll still give them until Saturday morning before I take them out I think. I will take the camera when I go to check them later today. My first-time broody is being a very good mommy. She keeps tucking the escapees back under her - its so funny to see their little heads pop out of her feathers!
love.gif
I just love little chickies!

WOW how exciting! I am really happy for everyone. I only got 3. It was my first time on the incubator so I am not really sure if that was the main issue. So many of the eggs were old when I got them though. They shipped on the 13 and the 11 was the latest date on the eggs and they took 3 days to ship. Some had dates as early as the 1st of september. I think some of that was out of my control. NEXT TIME!

Have a happy hatching day.

Andrea

I will be setting this afternoon. The eggs arrived yesterday and have been 'resting 24 hours'
13 Ameraucana and 13 Black Copper Marans

Back
Top Bottom