Anyone subscribe to Coop Crate?

AntiqueB

Free Ranging
Aug 27, 2020
Bergen County, NJ
A few months ago, I saw someone on BYC who got a Coop Crate box. It looked like fun, so I found the company and subscribed. But now May's box has a livestock treat that doesn't even mention chickens, and has an attached coupon that expired in 10/21! Do any of you subscribe to this, and did you get this in your box?

I emailed the company and am waiting for a reply:

"We've been getting Coop Crates for a few months now, and I've generally been pleased with the contents. My chickens have enjoyed the treats, the herbs have been good ones, my child loves the stickers, candies, and cards. The crates are not cheap, but they're fun, and I get to try a lot of different products.

This month, however, I was surprised to find some treats with what appeared to be a coupon under your sticker. Normally, if I find something I like, I do try to find it online so I can purchase more, and a coupon might be helpful, so I removed the sticker.

That coupon expired in October 2021. That's a year and a half ago. Coupons are usually hood for a while, so that bag is probably at least 2 years old.

I looked further. It's made by Calf-Manna, with feeding directions for goats, performance horses, growing rabbits, and show cattle. Chickens are not mentioned.

I'm really not sure what to think. Can you explain?"
20230518_073305.jpg

Wow, I've never heard of Coop Crate, sounds fun! As for this bag of treats, there is nothing in the ingredients that chickens can't eat, so it looks fine for chickens, as with any treat, use it sparingly.

They did reply:

"Hello! We are sorry you are unsatisfied with the product. Although this feed is safe for chickens we don’t have a product replacement, therefore we will be providing you a $10.00 refund. Please allow 5 business days for your refund to appear on your card we have on file. We are so sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

CoopCrate
Live, Laugh & Love Chickens!"

It is generally fun! I have a feather brush (which they really do love more than hand petting), tons of fun stickers featuring chickens, and anything for chickens comes in small bags. For a flock of 4, the sizes are perfect for a month. They include a human treat (chicken-themed) every month, too.

My biggest concern with this particular treat was its age. It looks like it might have been a sample, so there is no "best by" date.

Back
Top Bottom