Anyone trained ducks with a dog training clicker?

I was just curious if anyone has tried to 'train' your ducks with a dog training clicker? For commands like going to bed or such?

Since mine were babies, I have been patting my thighs and saying "come on" that almost always makes them come to me. Sometimes I just call them "duckie babies" and they will come. Mostly because they think I have treats when I call.

For going to bed I have always used the term "time for duckie bedtime" usually they walk right to their pen and go inside. We have been doing this since they were a few weeks old. Routine seems to be the thing with them, however there have been times when they just weren't ready yet.

I call "hey babies" when its feed time and they come a running and making noise. And of course don't forget the famous "peabody" ducks.

All I have to do is shake the plastic tub with the dried meal worms in it and they come running from wherever they are. It even works with my chickens! This comes in handy when I'm trying to round them all up. I go through a lot of dried mealworms but it's worth it.

well i've done a couple of sessions with Charlie he seems to understand when he wants to LOL 'typical male' my problem comes when trying to distract him away from me. food just doesn't seem enough atm lol. any tips on how to tell a drake we aint the same spicies and its just not normal and a bit weird. LOL love my charlie he's a freak was adorable as a baby and came everywhere with me think i'm paying the price now as he believes im his girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom