Anyone use Shake n'Bake?

For those who have it turn out crispy, how do you do it?!? Please share your secrets!

I don't think 'Stuff like that, is why we are an obese nation' as much as the fact that too many people don't eat at home anymore. We didn't have Christmas dinner until the following Monday, but I invited my son's friend over for dinner on the 25th as well as for the big dinner. The kid doesn't have family in the area and I didn't want him sitting there alone. He told me that his co-workers were jealous because he was getting two home cooked meals in a week. I asked if he worked with a bunch of single guys, he said just one was single. Apparently the rest always eat out. The exception was the manager who is in his 70's, he gets home cooked. From what I am starting to see, if you are eating at home a lot, you are getting to be a minority! And whether DH or DW is doing the cooking, it would be really sweet if you take a moment and say how much it's appreciated
wink.png

I actually don't do the Shake n'Bake that often, to be honest I think both boxes that I have expired in 2009. But the stuff was soggy when I tried it back then, too so I don't think it's because it expired.

Overrun I agree with you. I think all the food we eat out is what makes us obese. I had 5 kids and I stayed skinny until I was about 43. Then I started gaining when I started eating out more cause the kids were grown. I try very hard to eat at home now.

Quote:
See my post #3. That's it. I spray the pan with nonstick spray well. Leaves enough good brown bits to make gravy if you want to be evil. I cook it skin on.

Quote:
This is what I do too flour and my own seasonings....you can add corn meal, use oats crushed or not, corn flakes crushed up, ritz crackers crushed up, fried onions crushed up and they have cheese ones now too-the ones for the green bean casserole, etc. to bread meat. My son and husband also use some breading we get from walmart just plain bread crumbs or italian seasoned its only .88 a container. You can add your own seasonings too it too.

We don't eat shake and bake. If I can't pronounce whats in it. I wont eat it.

Here is a recipe that our kids love for fried Chicken and chicken finger coating. It is simular in taste to KFC

Dry mix: 1C flour
1tsp ground oregano 1tsp chili powder
1tsp dried sage 1tsp dried basil
1tsp diied majoram 1tsp pepper
2 tsp salt 2TBS paprika,
1TBS onion salt 1tsp garlic powder

Dry chicken pieces and give them an egg wash. Put dry mix in paper bag add chicken.
(This is the shake part)
Fry in Coconut oil. Make shure the internal temp on the big pieces is at least 175 deg. F
Blot on paper towel.

you can also bake it if you like.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom