Anyone use Verm-X?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by WyoChickenMamma, Aug 30, 2011.

1. WyoChickenMamma

WyoChickenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    It is an organic parasite control? Do you like it, did it work for you and your birds? Did you use the liquid or pellet?

Thanks in advance for your input. [​IMG]

http://verm-xusa.com/poultry/cat_6.html

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Save your money and purchase valbazen...you'll be glad you did.

3. Cockaleeky

Cockaleeky New Egg

Feb 3, 2011
    I use Verm-X once a month, three days in a row. I only keep 12 chickens, which are free range,
    so a couple of tablespoons in their feed for three days keeps me confident about their inner
    health. They love it, and its the first thing they go for in the food mash. You don't have
    to stop collecting and eating eggs either. OK, it costs £9 for two months, but then again, I sell
    their eggs and this cost is covered by the earnings. I also use DE in their food and cider vinegar
    in their water, and I have only lost 1 chicken to an unidentified illness in 4 years.

4. bucky52

bucky52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    if you don't mind.where did you find verm-x.i have been reading up on this.and i like the idea of being able to eat the eggs.these hens work hard to produce and lay their eggs.
    thanks in advance

5. rita2paul

rita2paul Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    hi i use verm-x also it seems to work, i also use diatom earth for worms and mites.

6. Nutrock

Nutrock New Egg

Aug 19, 2012
    Norfolk, UK
    I know its an old thread but just one question;
    I have 21 chickens, I went to the pet shop thismorning for worming syrup but they only had verm-x pellets. Shall I put 21 2gram scoops in their full pot of food and wait till its empty? I can't think of any other way apart from feeding them all seperately then that might distress them (having to be caught)
    Thanks

7. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop

make sure its their sole diet and ad it to the pellets and amke sure that all they get to eat

not scratch no grass no free ranging just the laced pellets

8. Nutrock

Nutrock New Egg

Aug 19, 2012
    Norfolk, UK
    Thanks silverfox. It's there for them. Just got to see if it helps. :)

9. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop

i decided to use vermX for my next worming which will be in teh next few weeks

i emailed VermX and they send me free samples

so gonna give it a go and see what its like

although i wont be able to tell much as it will be a regular worming rather than a worming for problems

but i do like the fact its non retentative on the eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by