Anyone wanna work out with me???

Just checking in quickly ... I've not been on the board for a long time. I need to be reading about whether my chickens are cold yet, LOL.

I got discouraged too ... I think my body adjusted WAY too quickly to reduced cals. I found myself on a couple of days eating 400 calories, exercising, and STILL not losing any weight (and it wasn't because I was gaining muscle, because my protein on those days was too low).

So ... I've been working on slowly raising my calories, although still sticking to "diet" foods, restricting sat fat especially, and fats in general. Exercising as I can ... but I was up to about 1-1/2 hours a day walking and frankly, I'm just too busy to keep taking that much time out of every day.
sad.png

I need a more intense exercise, but I'm not in good enough shape to run very far. I think I'm going to check the llibrary and go through their aerobics videos and see if there is one I like (although I can only check it out for 2 weeks at a time, LOL). I think I will also start working with weights, but I don't have very many right now, just a few small dumbbells, and no equipment otherwise.

I've just managed to keep off the weight I lost in the first two weeks, but now I'm almost to the point where I am eating the calories in a "normal" diet, and I'm not gaining. I hate that that is a "goal" in itself, but it seemed necessary. I hope that if I can intensify the exercise it will help.

And I am surrounded by all kinds of diet aid supplements at work, that I could get for cost. I'm just not fully convinced of which I should try, if any. I need to know what's going on with my body before I try anything like that anyway, so I can evaluate it.

Glad to hear that most of you seem more encouraged. And sorry to hear of the problems some of you are facing.

I know I am loving the cooler weather (fall is my favorite time of year as far as weather goes). But everything in my life is so up and down, I feel as if I'm riding a roller coaster. I'm trying to "step off" and just watch from the sidelines, and keep my own equilibrium in all of this. I need to just trust and know it will all be ok in the end.
smile.png

I won't go on, just wanted to check in. Hopefully I will have a few more minutes to catch up on chicken stuff too later this week. And hoping we all keep up the good work!

trish

:jumpyeggcetra,:thanks, hugs I think we all needed that!

goodegg, years ago I used to do an exercise program, don't remember the name. You used household items instead of buying equipment.You start off using water bottles, soup cans etc. As you get stronger you graduate to juice cans, bigger water bottles etc. For risitance exercises use a towel. Use a chair or couch for push-ups if you can't get down on the floor or for balance while doing leg raises etc. I used a stool that was about 5" high instead of an arobic step. Look around your house and see what you can use to substitute for equipment.

coyotemagic, I agree that arm ecersies would be great for you . I spent the last year not being able to do much of anything becuase of my broken ankle. I was doing some arm exercises now and then, I was too depressed at my situation to do it all the time. But using the water bottles etc. you can do that easily. Do doorknob turns for the flabby bye, bye arms. Good luck, hang in there. After a little moer that a year and four months I am ALMOST ready to walk completly without a cane:weee:ya:bun:yiipchick I was begining to think that day would not come. Yours will too.

Monica

Nobody's been on since the 13th... Hmmm...... Do I since that there's been some naughty eating going on? I'm still at the same weight. Down to the ounce, it's weird. My digital scale will record your weight. I weighed today and then wondered what I was the last time and it was EXACTLY the same.

Where are you guys? I hope no one's given up!!!!! I'll track you all down and then it's spankings and fridge locks for everyone lol Just kidding, but I am curious how everyone's doing.

Yup. Naughty eating going on. Guilt has me hiding. I did NOT make my goal and doubt I will by next weekend. But the paltry amount I lost is staying off, and I AM still exercising. Just not actually losing any more.
he.gif

Well, thanks to you guys, I am exercising again, and even found a walking partner. She and I are going to try it once a week and see where it goes from there. On the other days, we'll just do our normal exercising (or sleeping in like a lazy bum).

I'm still here, just not online much.
smile.png

Thanks, Monica, for the info about household stuff for exercise.

I've not lost much more weight after the initial 10 lb. Only another 1-1/2 lb since then. But I've been working on my metabolism, and I can now eat a normal amount of food and still lose about a pound a week.

That's good, since after the quick 10lb it seems I hit some kind of plateau, and couldn't lose even with only 400 cal a day AND exercise. I was afraid I'd gain it all back and then some if I went to only 1000 cal a day.

It's taken weeks to get to be able to eat and still lose a tiny bit. The good thing is that I didn't regain any. Now it's time to step up the exercise and cut calories again, and see if I can knock off another 10 lb ... I can hope so, LOL. (But at this rate it's going to take forever to reach anything like my goal!)

The only "naughty" eating I've done is one day my dd came to work with me and we didn't have time to get breakfast on the way, and I couldn't leave, so we ordered a pizza while there. Otherwise I've still been good as far as eating mostly healthful food. I wish I'd checked my cholesterol before I started ... I'd bet it's down. I'm glad to know I'm reducing my risk of heart problem, stroke, and other complications since I've started watching saturated fats. I had no idea how MUCH sat fat was in some foods.

Oh, yeah, and we even went to the fair last week. I won't talk about the kinds of food you KNOW they have there. I only bought a lemonade and nothing else. I was good.
smile.png

And ... I'm still here. Just too busy to get online except a few minutes late at night here and there.
smile.png

Glad to see some of the rest of you still here too.
smile.png

trish

Great job Trish!

I weighed just now and am 141.2........so I'm down 0.6 lol I guess at least I'm not gaining anything. I was bad the last couple of days. I bought a cream cheese coffee cake...mmmmmm Ate that over the course of several days (and with the help of my husband). I've had a few sodas and a Snickers bar that took 2 days to eat. A candy bar takes me 2-3 days to eat because it's so sweet. After a few bites I can't eat it anymore. That's really as bad as I've been.

Last night we finally went and got the majority of the stuff we need to get the bathroom finished. Shopping for tile was the worst part. I'd be happy not to do that again for a LOOOOOOONG time. I guess you could say I exercised a little last night helping my husband carry everything in (boxes of tile, drywall, light fixture, fan/heater, and bags of grout). The heaviest was the tile, but it was more of the going back and forth. I felt it in my legs a lot.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. It seems like people have either abandoned this thread or don't have a lot of time to visit. Take care.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom