Anyone want a free chicken or 2.

Pootersmama

Chirping
12 Years
Jun 1, 2010
New Jersey
Hi all,

I live in northern NJ and am very new to backyard chickening. I have a small coop and ended up with 6 chickens.
hmm.png
The last 3 were 1 more than I really wanted and I am finding a flock of 6 is too many.
sad.png
Not to mention the newer 3 are way bigger than the original 3 and they are mean to the smaller birds. I have a leg horn I would like to see go to a good home and possibly a Red Star. They were hatched in mid March. Any takers....
big_smile.png

I would love to have them but 5 hours is quite far. Can you mapquest from your location to Palmer ma? Im only 1-1/2 hrs from NYC depending on time of day and traffic on 95.

Me & My Peeps...According to map quest you are 188 miles from me. 3 1/2 hours (mapquest does over estimate time). Up to you, I would love her to go to a good home.

How many you looking to rehome again? 188 miles X2 = 376 miles round trip and a day in the truck divided by "X" chickens............any of them laying yet? That would certainly sweeten the pot
wink.png

They have not started laying yet (they may be close to the age though)....as of right now 1 definate, I would have to think about the other/red star....
hu.gif

As far as flock managment, I have a Maran and 2 Silkies I am keeping, they are still young and the original 3. We added 3 others, the leghorn, a red star, and a golden laced wydonette. The hubs is partial to the wydonette. I want to tip the balance so they don't attack the smaller chickens. I think the coop is too small for all 6. I really only wanted 5, but the person who gave them to me talked me into taking 3.

Back
Top Bottom