Anyone want a rescued rooster?

watchdogps

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Central Ohio
We processed three today, have about 15 left. I want to get down to about three. I think I will post them in the auction section and see if any others can avoid becoming dog food. Anyone want a cochin cross rooster? Oh yeah, they have scaly leg mites. I'm sure you will all be beating down my door...

In Ohio...
94754_dscf0011.jpg

94754_dscf0021.jpg

Those are pretty roos! I imagine that most of us are overrun with roosters. I keep my hens and breeding cocks in cages or houses with runs, and I let my excess roosters free range. Mom and Sis, who live up the hill, do the same. Any time I go outside, there is a flock of roosters that make their way toward me, begging for food. They do a good job of cleaning up under the cages! And they have names... Brewster, Columbo, Edward, Albert, and Gerald are the main ones. If I lived closer, I'd add one of your roos to the scramble.
lol.png

Reality check.

Cockerels and pullets come out of the eggs at about 50/50 ratio.

You only need 1 roo for about 10 hens.

Too many roos.
They're Sunday dinner.

Ok, I'm gonna be cranky for a second. I KNOW there are too many roosters. I didn't do this, they were DUMPED on me. I will be killing them off shortly so they aren't continued to be crowded and stressed, but if someone wants to take one home, that's fine. If you don't want one, please don't bother to reply or at least don't critcize.

Back
Top Bottom