Anyone want to chat RIGHT NOW?

Bring to the party...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
Eh. The dogs bark all night, the bantam roosters crow all day... what's a guinea gonna do?
"SCRAAACHACHACHACHACHACHAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAAAAAA-GEH-GYAAAAAAAAAAA-CHACHACHACHACHACHA!"
'Bout like that.
After Spook's parents and "aunt" died, it was quiet... now we've restocked. It is less quiet.

I used to have 12 guinea keets which I had hatched out with a broody hen but fortunately the fox got em.
When we started out again with guineas a few years back, a weasel got into the coop and killed three of the six. The coop had a sand floor, and that has thankfully been remedied by now.
I don't like sleeping with my windows open anymore. The sound of cute little birds screaming in panic is a horrible wake-up alarm.
Especially if it's at five in the morning....

I hate foxes. I came home one day and checked on my birds to find half my flock dead, the rest scattered, and a fox with its foot stuck in the fence. Too bad it wasn't electrified.
My fences will always be hot from now on.
I almost charged the fox with a wooden dowel that I always keep near the chickens, but this thing called 'reason' said that wouldn't be a good idea.
I'm still looking for it. I've seen it a couple times since then, but not near the chickens.
And it will someday meet my .22.

When we started out again with guineas a few years back, a weasel got into the coop and killed three of the six. The coop had a sand floor, and that has thankfully been remedied by now.
I don't like sleeping with my windows open anymore. The sound of cute little birds screaming in panic is a horrible wake-up alarm.
:hugs
So sorry that a weasel got them.

Oh yes I bet. The friggin fox managed to tear the aviary mesh! I'm still wondering wether it was possibly a badger.

🦊🔫
20200604_220652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom