Anyone want to hatch with me? - Went in 01/16/14.

wee.gif
YAY Sam! Congratulations!!!

just a moment ago one came out I cannot believe it and I'm up to 5 total pips well once out so 4 left 2 of the eggs were set a day later here's a pic.

Last edited:
thank you, thank you so much I am about to split I'm so excited. I just want one more at least I don't want a single but I will take what I can get. Just really happy right now.

Where does it stay without adding any water? Anything between 20 and 40% is OK. It its too high, add a dry washcloth or paper towel to absorb the extra moisture, if its low add a moist one. Imo, its better to stay on the low side and add extra humidity later during lockdown.
I have no water in there currently, and it's been an average of 43%. It's not uncommon to see it get up to 48%. I'm not sure where the moisture is coming from since I have not added water at all. The room the incubator is in is the bathroom, and while it will get humid in there at times, but with my last batch of eggs, the humidity wasn't hard to keep lower. It could be because I have more eggs in there than last time, I suppose.. I've added the dry washcloth to see if that will help lower it. I'm not really concerned with it until it hits 45%+. I just don't want it to be too humid for them is all.
barnie.gif

I have no water in there currently, and it's been an average of 43%. It's not uncommon to see it get up to 48%. I'm not sure where the moisture is coming from since I have not added water at all. The room the incubator is in is the bathroom, and while it will get humid in there at times, but with my last batch of eggs, the humidity wasn't hard to keep lower. It could be because I have more eggs in there than last time, I suppose.. I've added the dry washcloth to see if that will help lower it. I'm not really concerned with it until it hits 45%+. I just don't want it to be too humid for them is all.
barnie.gif

Do you have anywhere else you can put the bator? It could be the dampness from the bathroom. I have had mine in a closet and that worked really well. It was a utility closet, with an outlet. If adding the towel doesn't work, I think you should try that next. Most of the moisture is probably coming from the eggs. Are there any vents in your bator you can open for more air flow?? I don't remember what your set up is, sorry. But that will only work if the overall room humidity is low too.

Back
Top Bottom