Anyone want to hatch with me? - Went in 01/16/14.

Well carp I just went to check sticky and the last chick to hatch has a small ball of yolk sac sticking out, what do I do about that? I'm gonna leave it for now because I have no idea about that and I don't want to make it worse. These are my extra needs fuzzybutt. Help????

I'd watch it closely. Hopefully it'll absorb it within a day. I'm not aware of anything else you could do to get it to absorb faster.

Last edited:
Both are hanging in there yolker is a feisty whiner and sticky is a mellow resting but able to walk around and hold head up in between resting just a little and eyes are open guy. Hope they make it since human error is mostly to blame. Rough few chicken days but the new fuzzbutts are looking great

I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I figured I'd update anyway
smile.png

My Sizzle hen with a few of her chicks. She did a much better job than I did, 6/6 to my 2/20. I never have much luck hatching in Winter. Good news is I have another broody, a Silkie, bad news is with all the wonky weather my girls really haven't been laying much. What they did lay, I put in the refrigerator. So, I pulled 8 eggs from the fridge, let them rest overnight so they could come to room temp and then I gave them to her.
fl.gif
I hope at least a couple of them hatch for her!

I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I figured I'd update anyway
smile.png

My Sizzle hen with a few of her chicks. She did a much better job than I did, 6/6 to my 2/20. I never have much luck hatching in Winter. Good news is I have another broody, a Silkie, bad news is with all the wonky weather my girls really haven't been laying much. What they did lay, I put in the refrigerator. So, I pulled 8 eggs from the fridge, let them rest overnight so they could come to room temp and then I gave them to her.
fl.gif
I hope at least a couple of them hatch for her!

What a cute momma!
I have two hens that look like her... I just put them with a white silkie rooster! Right now they don't like eachother much but I didn't let that stop me! They've been roaming the yard on days I can let them out and they get along from a distance but never in the same pen.
When a hen starts sitting on eggs, you don't have to remove the rooster, do you?

Tell her congrats!
clap.gif

I'm still here what a beautiful hen and babies what is she? Fortunately but sadly my two didn't last long, don't think they were meant to hatch so glad they are at peace. On the good side I have 17 new babies 5 rlbw, 1 lav/americauna, 6 pb/bb and 5 glb next batch is on the way and my husband is really starting to wonder.

I'm still here what a beautiful hen and babies what is she? Fortunately but sadly my two didn't last long, don't think they were meant to hatch so glad they are at peace. On the good side I have 17 new babies 5 rlbw, 1 lav/americauna, 6 pb/bb and 5 glb next batch is on the way and my husband is really starting to wonder.

What a cute momma!
I have two hens that look like her... I just put them with a white silkie rooster! Right now they don't like eachother much but I didn't let that stop me! They've been roaming the yard on days I can let them out and they get along from a distance but never in the same pen.
When a hen starts sitting on eggs, you don't have to remove the rooster, do you?

Tell her congrats!
clap.gif
Thank you! No, I don't remove my rooster. He actually does a really good job of helping with the chicks. He finds them little tid bits and attempts to keep them warm, though they don't stay with him long.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom