Anyone want to hatch with me? - Went in 01/16/14.

Thank you guys! 3 more are pipping. Having a hard time keeping humidity up and temp has dropped to 99.3 but I don't want to mess with it because it is so sensitive. Baby rush wants out so bad, do we have to wait until they are all done? He was 2 days early...

thank you! Congrats to you as well! I'm hoping for more soon. Temp and humidity fluctuations erratic but time will tell. This is our first hatch...

Our first too. our humidity shot up when one would hatch.

Just an update. Of 9 that went into lockdown, 6 are out, 1 is pipped, and 2 are going to make us wait and see.

Our first too. our humidity shot up when one would hatch.

Just an update. Of 9 that went into lockdown, 6 are out, 1 is pipped, and 2 are going to make us wait and see.

4 of ours hatched. 1 shipped egg pipping. 1 of our Maran egg pipping. Still 20 left to go. Today is day 20. Makes me nervous about leaving the others in there so long. They look so wobbly....
1f626.png

My clutch is on day 10 at 11:30 (my time)! I told myself I will only candle on days 7,14, and lockdown, but I just couldn't help it. Day 7 was just kind of a boring candle session because they weren't doing too much.. So I snuck a candle on just one today. My #3 looked like it was doing flips!
wee.gif
Just for knowledge's sake, day 10 babies have a prominent egg tooth and they have toenails!

Its so hard to not candle them. My second batch is on day 6. I need to keep myself busy cuz every time I look at that box I think "Well maybe just a peek...." And then I yell at myself! Haha

For me, it was pretty easy the first week, because I already know what should be happening, and they don't really have that much energy it seems until day 10+. That's when you learn who are the lazy ones and who are acrobats, etc. I have a hard time with self discipline.
gig.gif

I am dying To get them in the brooder. Waiting on the last one to come out. It is pipped on the wrong end but is very active. Just making me wait and worry.

My clutch is on day 10 at 11:30 (my time)! I told myself I will only candle on days 7,14, and lockdown, but I just couldn't help it. Day 7 was just kind of a boring candle session because they weren't doing too much.. So I snuck a candle on just one today. My #3 looked like it was doing flips!:weee Just for knowledge's sake, day 10 babies have a prominent egg tooth and they have toenails! 

I promised myself the same thing and I candled last night
On day 11
Some air cells are the right size some small and one large
I lowered the humidity from 50% to 45% cause of the small air cells and moved their location a little
It is impossible for me to not take a peek for a whole week!!
All 12 are rolling and dancing
I saw one little foot
I am so excited
I am going to breed sizzles too
I have two sizzle hens now but they don't like my rooster a white silkie
He's new and they have not appreciated him
they actually fought so I am hoping that hatching new ones and letting them grow up with them that will work better
Spring is going to be so fun

Last edited:
I am dying To get them in the brooder. Waiting on the last one to come out. It is pipped on the wrong end but is very active. Just making me wait and worry.

How long has you hatch been? Ours started yesterday at 12:30pm. It is now day 20, so I'm thinking at least til tomorrow evening.

Back
Top Bottom