Anyone want to order Diatomaceous Earth in Indy?

Indychick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Indianapolis
Hello to all the Indianapolis folks -

There are a few of us in the Indy metro area that are looking for Diatomaceous Earth. The local stores don't seem to have it, and the shipping is outrageous (almost as much as the cost of the DE itself) for one order. We were thinking of making a bulk order, and then dividing it up amongst those that are interested. If you are interested - leave a post and we will keep track! Thanks!

P.S. Another name for DE is shell flour - just in case you don't know what DE is. We just found out about it and it sounds like a great natural alternative to preventing parasites. There are a lot of articles online about DE and it sounds safe and natural.

Quote:
Count me in as well please...what a great idea
big_smile.png

PM me, as to how you want to go about ordering and paying for it. Thanks!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who wants to order/distribute? Anyone with a large flock that needs the most might be the most interested in getting the initial order. Let me know! I will PM everyone once I get enough interest - Thanks!

Would this DE (Diatomaceous Earth ) be the same as what I use for my pool filter? Or, if not, do you know the difference? Thanks in advance!
smile.png

Quote:
I was thinking that we might do it but it depends on how many we get to order. Also how long do we let this offer stand? A week? We'll set a deadline of say monday 3/24/09? If you agree indychick.
Is anyone in a hurry? We would like to order asap.

Hey Guys I live about 35 miles south of Indy in Martinsville. The feed store here carries it Morgan County Feed is the name when I bought mine last fall i paid about 32.00 for it hope this helps.
smile.png
For 50#

Last edited:
WOW! Thanks for the info!!! We have looked all over. We're about 10 minutes north of Mooresville so that would be worth a trip!!!!
Just talked to Morgan County Feed, they will have a shipment in on Friday, they aren't sure of the price since this is their first shipment this year (they don't know if the price has gone up yet!). We are palnning to go there either Friday or Saturday to pickup 50 pounds.

Last edited:
Yes, thanks for the info - I think the trip to Martinsville would be worth that price. I agree with you Schultz - we need some ASAP. Since you will make it there before me (I'm about 45 minutes away from Martinsville) check out the feed store for us! See if they have anything neat or good prices.
big_smile.png
Thanks a bunch
big_smile.png

So, for everyone else, I think we found a place near Indy! I am going to plan on making a trip so nix the bulk order unless someone else further north wants to make plans!

Thanks for all the posts everyone
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom