Anyone want to split a STROMBERG order with me this spring? OR or WA?

There's also Lazy 54 Hatchery in Hubbard (south of Portland off of I-5). If you pick your chickens up from them they have a 10 minimum. Used to be called Shanks Hatchery.

I don't know much about them, but they have returned all my emails and calls very quickly.

I'll let you know in February how our order goes.

Bil

Quote:
Cool...I'd almost rather have my chicks shipped--unless I can coordinate with my parents & their trip up here in May. Otherwise, it's 16+ hours, round trip for me to go to Portland.
wink.png
Thanks, though--I'll check them out!

Hello,
I am new to this forum, and wasn't sure how to post - but - since finding out you're located in Oregon, I'll ask you... I'm looking for a pet- I think I want a Silkie (because of their size and being docile) and I'd like to hear any input on the matter... Of course I'd want a hen chick, and small size is important... but because I grew up with Barred Rocks and Rhode Island Reds, I don't know much about any other breeds. From what I read, Silkies make great pets. We want a ton of personality...!
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly welcomed, AND if folks concur that a Silkie would be best, how do I obtain one in Eastern Oregon? I've asked D&B supply... they "might" be able to bring in a small order - then it's up to me to pick-a-chick which brings me to the next question: how do I sex a Silkie? We used to blow the "bum" feathers back, and my dad would tell me that if it's a circle, most likely a boy, and a slit ( for eggs ) then a girl...
again, any thoughts would be great!
Sadie

thank you for your response... and I realised you're in Washington- but chalk it up to being a "new egg"...
wink.png

I wish there was an easy way to find out if it's a girl or boy... would a chicken with "regualr" feathers (not silkie) be easier to sex? I like Barred Rocks, but geez, they get so big!

Quote:
Do you sell hatching chicken eggs ?? If so may I ask what kind ??

Back
Top Bottom