Anyone want to take a whack at feather sexing a day old Ayam Cemani?

MissMonty

Songster
5 Years
Sep 12, 2015
Dayton, OH
Meet "Rex", he hatched out yesterday. Anyone want to take a whack at feather sexing him/her?

I believe Rex is a Roo but he is the first one I have ever tried to feather sex so I was hoping to get more opinions! Plus heres just some photos for fun <3

rex.jpg
rex1.jpg
rex2.jpg

Feather sexing doesn't work for purebreds. It only works in specific crosses where a male from a fast feathering breed is paired with a female of a slow feathering breed

Oh cool! I didn't know that. I just remember seeing videos of tours of different hatcheries and they were mostly using feather sexing so I just assumed you could for most breeds. Thanks for the info! :)

Meet "Rex", he hatched out yesterday. Anyone want to take a whack at feather sexing him/her?

I believe Rex is a Roo but he is the first one I have ever tried to feather sex so I was hoping to get more opinions! Plus heres just some photos for fun <3

View attachment 2502191
View attachment 2502193
View attachment 2502194
Your nails make Rex look even more dark and gorgeous and Rex makes your nails look beautiful! I love this!

No help on topic at hand. My apologies

Oh cool! I didn't know that. I just remember seeing videos of tours of different hatcheries and they were mostly using feather sexing so I just assumed you could for most breeds. Thanks for the info! :)
You sure they weren't using vent sexing? That's how most hatcheries sex their chicks.

I agree with everyone else on sexing. Don’t take this into account at all but I’ll say male because everyone seems to get AC makes! Again I’m not sexing just taking a 50/50 stab in the dark with no evidence to support my answer. :)

Back
Top Bottom