3 days old!

aziegler17

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
Aug 16, 2023
Ohio
Goodmorning all!
I found a place that had 2 day old bantam chicks that I had been looking for. Theyre ADORABLE šŸ„° to say the least.

I got them yesterday so today they would be 3 days old.
I was curious to see if anyone was good with feather sexing.
If I was reading the articles and the diagrams correctly I'm thinking these all look like girls šŸ¤”
But I am a newbie so I wanted to get the BYC community opinion! Thank you!

Attachments

• 20230823_102429.jpg
    20230823_102429.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230823_102538.jpg
    20230823_102538.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230823_102618.jpg
    20230823_102618.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230823_102725.jpg
    20230823_102725.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 5
Goodmorning all!
I found a place that had 2 day old bantam chicks that I had been looking for. Theyre ADORABLE šŸ„° to say the least.

I got them yesterday so today they would be 3 days old.
I was curious to see if anyone was good with feather sexing.
If I was reading the articles and the diagrams correctly I'm thinking these all look like girls šŸ¤”
But I am a newbie so I wanted to get the BYC community opinion! Thank you!

If you were reading accurate articles, you would have also learned that it DOES NOT WORK on most chickens. Unfortunately, there are many articles that forget to mention that very important point.

Feather sexing only works when the parents are specially chosen: the mother but have the slow feathering gene, and the father must have the fast feathering gene.

(Edit to clarify: I am not trying to yell at you, just very irritated with the people who post those misleading articles. There are way too many of them on the internet!)

If you were reading accurate articles, you would have also learned that it DOES NOT WORK on most chickens. Unfortunately, there are many articles that forget to mention that very important point.

Feather sexing only works when the parents are specially chosen: the mother but have the slow feathering gene, and the father must have the fast feathering gene.

(Edit to clarify: I am not trying to yell at you, just very irritated with the people who post those misleading articles. There are way too many of them on the internet!)
Welp, that's excruciatingly disappointing.

I'm a newbie too so sadly I can't give you any advice, but congrats on the new chicks! So cute:love!
Thank you! They look like my one Hen I have when she was a chick. So fingers crossed they grow up to be like her šŸ¤ž

Back
Top Bottom