Anyone with a Bavarian or Hanover Hound?

punk-a-doodle

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 15, 2011
14211ce1-0b60-4adf-9728-4c36221ba077.jpg

I've been considering this breed for the future for a long time. They sound like amazing dogs. Though using this breed for anything other than large game tracking is frowned upon in some circles, apparently they can also be trained to hunt pheasant (yum) and small game. Wondering if anyone has owned one or has seen one in action, and what you thought of the breed.

What a stunningly beautiful dog! Wow I am in love with the color, you can see this coloring in Belgian Sheps and some other breeds but in a short, glossy coat
droolin.gif
It is amazing. I don't know anything about the breed
idunno.gif

Huh, I didn't even connect that malinois have the same coloring, but you are definitely right! There is some variety to this breed's color, but my favorite is the kind that makes people go, "huh, did you stick a dog head on a different dog's body?"
DSCN2010.JPG

496.jpg

For those interested in the Bavarian Mountain Hound, here is a link to the basic history:
http://www.sarahsdogs.com/breeds/bavarian_mountain_hound/
And they are called "Bayerischer Gebirgsschweißhund" in German, so you can get more internet results for them using that.

Last edited:
Ah cool Balefire. When did you get a chance to see them?

I have use for them as tracking dogs, but I've heard of a few trained for both large and small game, and that their original purpose sounds like it included hunting hare and pheasant! I am excited to have found a breed that seems to adapt so well to both.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom