Anyone with a due date of 18-22nd of March for some little hatchlings?

Quote:
I set 8 eggs-under my two broodies. I love a few chicks around in the pottery studio in the spring and we are having an open house on the 20th of March so instead of ordering them (and paying for them!) I just penciled the lay date on 8 eggs and gave the broodies a job! Cheep Thrills!

I just put in 28 that will be due Mar 22
smile.png

Pat

I set some last week. I would have to look at my sheets. I set either Blue coppers on wed or sat, and welsummers on either wed or sat. Cant remember which, that why I have sheets for each. and today is day 19 for some others.

Mine are due to hatch then too, right now there are 31 eggs, but I havent removed the quitters yet.
Chickenzoo sent extras, and I forgot to tally how many of each were in there.

3 red banty dorks, definately development in 2, but I think one might be scrambled (waiting to try a bigger light in a couple days to be sure)
2 silkies
couple frizzles
few cochins
1 dozen + Speckled sussex
not sure how many blue orps

Ok, so I'm using an egg turner and I think it is broken
sad.png
I've been hand turning so the eggs should still be fine, but I can't figure out what is wrong with the turner. I moved all the eggs away from the motor. I thought it wasn't moving, then I unplugged and plugged back in and it moved from right to left, but now is stuck on the left side. The turner is for the Hova-bator. Anyone have similar issues/suggestions?

The turner it might be fried, they sell replacements.

Just finished candling, I really was hopping for a speckled sussex or 2 out of the 12+, just removed 8 clear SS and have 2 additional suspects
he.gif
Why just them? (maybe my bad luck because its the ones I wanted the most)

the suspect dorking was dead it looks like it didn't make it passed day 3 had a streak (but its 2 siblings are looking good) also pulled 1 clear frizzle and 1 clear banty cochin.

Both my silkies are lookin good though and 2 out of 3 on the dorks is good.

Down from 31 to 20 eggs or 18 once I admit the 2 suspects are clear. The number will go down again because I have trouble with seeing through the orp eggs so I didn't toss any yet waiting for it to be more obvious. They are shipped eggs though so its not going to be high.

Back
Top Bottom