Anyone with experience sexing true Ameraucana chicks?

I'd go with MysteryChicken's picks, then.

Really not a great idea to tame cockerels because tamed ones tend to become human aggressive.
Not in my case. I tame my cockerels as chicks, & virtually all my roosters are all big babies.

I have 1, 6-7 week old Buff Orpington cockerel that has what I call the "Mean Gene." He bites, follows me around, pecking, & trying to attack my shoes. Those aren't possible to tame. I cull once large enough to eat.

Not in my case. I tame my cockerels as chicks, & virtually all my roosters are all big babies.

I have 1, 6-7 week old Buff Orpington cockerel that has what I call the "Mean Gene." He bites, follows me around, pecking, & trying to attack my shoes. Those aren't possible to tame. I cull once large enough to eat.
Yea. It seems like rooster temperament is more of a natural personality thing. I’m hoping that my cockerels are familiar enough with people that if I do get a nice one it will be friendly for my grandparents. Any mean ones, of course, will be gone as soon as possible.

Yea. It seems like rooster temperament is more of a natural personality thing. I’m hoping that my cockerels are familiar enough with people that if I do get a nice one it will be friendly for my grandparents. Any mean ones, of course, will be gone as soon as possible.
Human aggression is genetic.

Ameraucanas aren't known to be aggressive, so I don't think you have much to worry about. But if one had a human aggressive Ancestor, it maybe passed down.

Human aggression is genetic.

Ameraucanas aren't known to be aggressive, so I don't think you have much to worry about. But if one had a human aggressive Ancestor, it maybe passed down.
Interesting. I guess that’s kind of what I meant , because genes are linked to temperament/personality? Either way, I guess I’ll wait and see! The most exiting part about raising chicks, I guess, is seeing how they’ll turn out :)

Interesting. I guess that’s kind of what I meant , because genes are linked to temperament/personality? Either way, I guess I’ll wait and see! The most exiting part about raising chicks, I guess, is seeing how they’ll turn out :)
Just realized I said “I guess” like three times in that post, lol. A lot of guessing was done today 😆

Back
Top Bottom