Anyone with experience sexing true Ameraucana chicks?

I think I'm quite successful in gender recognition at that age - my predictions based on your pictures (which are detailed and excellent), are these:
1-female
2-male
3-male
4-hmmmm maybe female
5-female
6-female 100%
7-male 100%
8-male
9-female 100%
10-hmmmmmmm maybe male
11-by the behavior of the female, by the appearance hmmmmmmm

What does he look like, I forgot?
This guy lol I just took this today lol
20221105_160214.jpg

He hides his meanness well lol hes actually not aggressive to me anymore unless im grabbing a hen but since taking all females away I can pick him up with no issues at all he will even crow while being held lol full body shotView attachment 3313654
Sounds like he has an overly protective personality then. Still wouldn't breed him, to avoid potentially passing it down, if it's hereditary.

Sounds like he has an overly protective personality then. Still wouldn't breed him, to avoid potentially passing it down, if it's hereditary.
Ive actually never bred him but used his brother which apparently didnt have two blue egg gene and through a brown egg layer daughter ate him and sold that pullet. If I do ever breed him will be for my personal flock. Im not a fan of ameraucanas to start with

I think I'm quite successful in gender recognition at that age - my predictions based on your pictures (which are detailed and excellent), are these:
1-female
2-male
3-male
4-hmmmm maybe female
5-female
6-female 100%
7-male 100%
8-male
9-female 100%
10-hmmmmmmm maybe male
6 always seemed like a male to me, especially the comb, what seems so feminine about her?

Last edited:
1-female
2-male
3-male
4-hmmmm maybe female
5-female
6-female 100%
7-male 100%
8-male
9-female 100%
10-hmmmmmmm maybe male
Here’s 6 compared to 9. Are the large chicks usually roosters?

Attachments

• 4A26E736-43FD-44B1-850E-E9FFF2E545C0.jpeg
    4A26E736-43FD-44B1-850E-E9FFF2E545C0.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom