Anyone with hatch date Oct 15-25?!? Check out this thread!

They've only pipped in the last hour or so, most of them - they can rest for as long as 24 hours after pipping, I believe.

So, far one fuzzy butt when I woke up. Wouldn't you know.....the silkie was the first one out. He knocked all of the other eggs around. I can tell that some of them are working on zipping but I can't really tell on the ones that had pipped last night. I know I shouldn't open it but do I need too since he knocked them around and their pips are not facing up like they were last night? Or is that okay? I know we quit turning them so they can get into place. I am about to leave for work so if I am supposed to do anything I would have to do it now.

I now have three baby Australorps cheeping away and bumbling around playing egg soccer! AND I caught the very first hatch on video - you can see it here.

I thiiink all but one of the other eggs has pipped (it's a little hard to tell with one of the Barnevelders. I may get no sleep tonight.

That is great Swirler. I didn't get any sleep last night. I watched them until 3am then had to get up to get ready for work at 7am. I am exhausted. I was pleased to have at least one playing egg soccer this morning. I was hoping it would have been the first one that pipped at 4pm yesterday but it wasn't. It was actually the last one that pipped before bed that hatched. I am really worried about the first four. Do you guys think I should try to help the egg that pipped at 4pm yesterday if it hasn't progressed by the time I get home tonight around 6pm? Swirler I can't wait to sneak a moment today at work and watch your video.

Yikes lemondsm, that is not enough sleep! Happily school goes back tomorrow, so I can even take a nanna nap if I need to
smile.png
Not sure about the intervening, except to do as little of it as possible. There are some threads in stickies that should help though?

Quote:
Though it is tempting, you really shouldn't intervene unless it's been 24 hours or longer and even then it's debatable.

Back
Top Bottom