Anyone with hatch date Oct 15-25?!? Check out this thread!

The morning of day 21, and I have two pips and have heard one tiny chirp... this is excruciating!
*breathe*

Hanging.... hanging.... hanging... Happily, I have an excuse to go out today (library books are due), so I'm not going to be hanging over the 'bator ALL day! Last day of the school holidays, here.

Quote:
I think you are correct about the larger breeds hatching sooner. My little mixed chicks pop out like popcorn and the Silkies put me on edge EVERY time!

In most of our hatches the large fowl hatched last. The bantams seem to pop out quickly and faithfully. Our Ameraucana were always the last to hatch.

Pray for me. I am getting sick at my stomach. I have been called for a 4-month term for jury duty.
I am a home school parent and need to be home with my child.
I have 48 eggs in incubator on lock down today. Need to be home Wednesday when they start hatching.
My daughter has 19 chickens entered in the State Fair 3 hours away and need to be able to go with her to take her chickens to the fair on Thursday and Judging is Friday and Saturday.
Then Nov 5th is another Poultry Show out of town.
In Dec there is another Poultry Show that is a 3 day show out of town even further.

I do not have time to have my whole schedule torn up for a 4-month term for jury duty.
This is just awful.
I do not drive in the snow and winter is in the middle of this 4-month term and I live 17 miles from town.
This is not a good thing for me at all.
Not to mention I do not want to be responsible to place judgement on anyone whether guilty or not.

Back
Top Bottom