Anyone with me?

Annarie~ Thank you so much, I have a book on geese in my shopping cart from amazon by them. I'll check out that site!

I have the Astons book on colour genetics- and it is just wonderful. Understanding it all was very difficult until I got this book. Its written in a way- that if you are a begginer - or long time breeder- you will gain lots of knowlegde- Tables that are clearly marked as well as as plenty of photos make this book a must have in my opinion.

Here in Austraila we have a standards book which is currently under review- and set for a new release sometime in the next 6 months to a year- There are many paintings rather than photos of a lot of breeds- which in one way is dissapointing- but also just goes to prove how difficult it can be to find a very high quality bird who fits the standard so perfectly that it is worth having its photo in the book.

I just ordered it! And I can't wait. The little chapter in Storey's Guide is great, but probably not quite enough if I want to really get into it. LOL, I could always take out more student loans and take a genetics class...then my family will KNOW that I have lost it..
smile.png

I have moved the llittle ducklings and mother into the big run and the 2 adult into the little run, but they will be out all day long. I did this because 1 off my duckling got sufficated in the night, because they were a little crapmed in the little house, so i moved them into the big new coop. and then i introduced the other adults to them, and i will slowly introduce them more.

Quote:
Josh~ You have the most beautiful little duck family! They are gorgeous, and Momma looks like she is being a great new mom! She seems to be on the lighter side of the Kahki color and lookds so much like one of our ducks it's uncanny. I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well with the introductions and I'm sorry you lost one. Glad they'll have more room. Hey, did I read you sig. right, do you have another duck sitting? Is it a Kahki to? OMG, I don't know what I'll do if all my Kahkis decide to go broody! LOL, that would be 13 ducks once they are done growing out..........Yikes!

Gosh Josh...glad its your duck not me with that many babies to look after. ( I mena Human babies for me) She does look to be an alert and protective mother. Hope she cares for her brood well.

Yer i have got another khaki which is demistrating the same broody behavior, and she made a nest, but i moved her, so hopefully she will make a new one, but we are only letting her sit on 2 or 3, 'i need no more babies'.

Back
Top Bottom