Anyone with Thanksgiving Hatch babies?

Echoinghills

Songster
9 Years
Feb 21, 2010
NE OHIO
Hi All... anyone want to share their Thanksgiving Hatch? So far i have 2 EE's and 1 Lav Orp poultry chicks!!! Hoping for more to hatch, but the incubator has been iffy since i found a week ago my temp was too low from cooler temps in the house. I lost several chicks from that incubation error..and the few that hatched had leg issues too, and we lost them. One of the 4 chicks that was ok made it though...so i had this bad feeling these would not make it or hatch, and was very surprised this AM to pips again. What a great Thanksgiving surprise!!!
smile.png

I have some early bloomers! 12 mixed eggs are due tomorrow and they are already pipping!

We have 1 pip (pretty much a zip) and another pip!

I know that one is coming out of a silkie egg [dont know dad(4 possible dads)] and another is coming out of a light brown egg.

We've had babies hatching yesterday and today. About 18 RIRs, 4 Columbian Wyandottes, and 3 Silkies--Cuckoo and 1 buff
smile.png
Hoping for more to hatch but I don't think their going to.

I had a bunch but my electric went out at 2am this morning and my power failure alarm didn't go off
hit.gif
woke up to 79 degree bator raining inside
barnie.gif
1 split lavender Orp has hatched and there are a few more alive..if they hatch or not now waits to be seen

I got a weekend special from CJexotic. I've got 8 little Silkies hatched, 6 pipping, and more to come! Also have some White Call babies.

It will be an interesting winter!

DSC03240.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

Last edited:
Those are beautiful judyc. Next month you might have some like this! These are Icelandic babies that hatched last night and today. One more is still drying off and one hasn't pipped yet. I got 3 blonde, 3 dark, and 4 chipmunk bluish color.

34566_contest_1_of_1-33.jpg

Congrats. They are so cute the icelandics sure seem to come in lots of different colors.
Now you will have to name them Thanksgiving names lol...Pilgrim, Butterball, Drumstick, Pumpkin etc.
lau.gif

Last edited:
I am very jealous... very nice to have them on Turkey day! Mine are due Saturday morning but I still have a feeling I might get a few early. I have one silkie egg that is wiggling pretty good but no pip yet...

Back
Top Bottom