Anyone with Thanksgiving Hatch babies?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Echoinghills, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Echoinghills

Echoinghills Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    Hi All... anyone want to share their Thanksgiving Hatch? So far i have 2 EE's and 1 Lav Orp poultry chicks!!! Hoping for more to hatch, but the incubator has been iffy since i found a week ago my temp was too low from cooler temps in the house. I lost several chicks from that incubation error..and the few that hatched had leg issues too, and we lost them. One of the 4 chicks that was ok made it though...so i had this bad feeling these would not make it or hatch, and was very surprised this AM to pips again. What a great Thanksgiving surprise!!! [​IMG]

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Two Splash Silkies, and mores a pippin. Some are white and some are splash. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    I have some early bloomers! 12 mixed eggs are due tomorrow and they are already pipping!

We have 1 pip (pretty much a zip) and another pip!

I know that one is coming out of a silkie egg [dont know dad(4 possible dads)] and another is coming out of a light brown egg.

4. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    We've had babies hatching yesterday and today. About 18 RIRs, 4 Columbian Wyandottes, and 3 Silkies--Cuckoo and 1 buff [​IMG] Hoping for more to hatch but I don't think their going to.

5. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I had a bunch but my electric went out at 2am this morning and my power failure alarm didn't go off [​IMG] woke up to 79 degree bator raining inside [​IMG] 1 split lavender Orp has hatched and there are a few more alive..if they hatch or not now waits to be seen

6. judyc

judyc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I got a weekend special from CJexotic. I've got 8 little Silkies hatched, 6 pipping, and more to come! Also have some White Call babies.

It will be an interesting winter!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  7. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Those are beautiful judyc. Next month you might have some like this! These are Icelandic babies that hatched last night and today. One more is still drying off and one hasn't pipped yet. I got 3 blonde, 3 dark, and 4 chipmunk bluish color.

[​IMG]

8. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Congrats. They are so cute the icelandics sure seem to come in lots of different colors.
    Now you will have to name them Thanksgiving names lol...Pilgrim, Butterball, Drumstick, Pumpkin etc. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  9. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    so far I have 3 pips. No ones made it out yet but soon.

10. howeser

howeser Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2010
    Lansing
    I am very jealous... very nice to have them on Turkey day! Mine are due Saturday morning but I still have a feeling I might get a few early. I have one silkie egg that is wiggling pretty good but no pip yet...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by