Anyones dog every have diarrhea this bad?

It’s incredibly important to vaccinate dogs, not just rabies, but distemper ect.

Also parvo is extremely contagious. If your other dogs have had contact with him and are not vaccinated, it’s just about a guarantee that they will all get it too.

I hope next time you make sure to vaccinate all dogs and keep up with them.

I hope your dogs get better soon!

Hi, I have a 1yr old heeler that's lethargic, has been throwing up lots of clear liquid and has the worst diarrhea I've ever seen. Poor pup cant even hold it in, it just pours out of him. I took him to the vet and they gave him a nausea shot along with some nausea medicine to give him at home. But that was it. Nothing else.
I've never had a dog get diarrhea so bad that they cant hold it and the smell is the worst! Good thing is I havent seen any blood in his stool yet.
I never have him around other dogs but the ones we have at home. They are all his siblings and all look fine and healthy but him.
Here a picture of his stool on a doggie bed.View attachment 2283706
This looks like blood I would take him back to the vet

Just noticed he is a year old. Did he ever have a round of parvo shots?

You can buy the vaccines online and do them at home which is a good option especially for multiple pups/young dogs.
I think they said none of the dogs were vaccinated. Or at least this one wasn’t? But I’m not sure. They posted this yesterday I think.

He was never vaccinated. I've dealt with parvo in other dogs before and it such a horrible issue. I'm taking my other 6 dogs tomorrow to get tested and vaccinated.

I never vaccinated them with other shots, but I would do the rabies. I live on one acre at it's all fenced off well and my dogs have never came into contact with any other dogs. No other dogs have every came into my property that I know of.
Yesterday another of my dogs got parvo, shes only 7 months old. The good thing is they are both doing well for now at the vet. The vet they are in is such a good vet and only charges a 250 deposit and $40 a night and $10 a day for treatment. Which to me is a very reasonable price considering they have parvo.

Thank you for your encouraging words.
The good thing is it looks like my pups are making it.
I'm saddened about the first vet pretty much just taking my money. But all that matters is that my pups are okay.

Back
Top Bottom