Anyones dog every have diarrhea this bad?

I decided to leave him at the vet. They are giving him lots of fluids. I have 6 other dogs, so trying to care for him at home would be hard for me to do. Plus I live in a tiny house. It's only a 12x24 so that would make it even harder to manage cause all my dogs sleep inside at night

Thanks, I hope so too.
I just hope my other dogs dont get it.
For now they all are active and acting like themselves.

I'm so sorry your dog has a PARVO diagnosis.
As you already know, the prognosis is poor. You must clean and I mean clean Everything with a bleach water. Even your grass! Look up the bleach:H2O ratio for PARVO.
PARVO is highly contagious if your other dogs have not veen vaccinated. The symptoms come on quick, the treatment is very costly.
The IV fluids in ICU is just the beginning of his treatment.
The first Vet should have recognized the symptoms based on the c/o foul smelling stool!
Thar Vet is incompetent and you need to tell him as he definitely misdiagnosed your pup and sent you home. Shame on that Vet.
Bless your pups heart.

He hadn't had diarrhea yet when he went to the first vet, but he was throwing up alot and didnt bother to do a fecal test. The second vet right away said shame on the other vet for not doing a fecal test. He said fecal test is always a cheap procedure that tells alot about a dog. He says our pup has a 90 percent survival. So we are hoping for the best.

Hi, I have a 1yr old heeler that's lethargic, has been throwing up lots of clear liquid and has the worst diarrhea I've ever seen. Poor pup cant even hold it in, it just pours out of him. I took him to the vet and they gave him a nausea shot along with some nausea medicine to give him at home. But that was it. Nothing else.
I've never had a dog get diarrhea so bad that they cant hold it and the smell is the worst! Good thing is I havent seen any blood in his stool yet.
I never have him around other dogs but the ones we have at home. They are all his siblings and all look fine and healthy but him.
Here a picture of his stool on a doggie bed.View attachment 2283706
This looks like blood I would take him back to the vet

He hadn't had diarrhea yet when he went to the first vet, but he was throwing up alot and didnt bother to do a fecal test. The second vet right away said shame on the other vet for not doing a fecal test. He said fecal test is always a cheap procedure that tells alot about a dog. He says our pup has a 90 percent survival. So we are hoping for the best.
Im so glad to hear the 90% survival rate given.

I decided to leave him at the vet. They are giving him lots of fluids. I have 6 other dogs, so trying to care for him at home would be hard for me to do. Plus I live in a tiny house. It's only a 12x24 so that would make it even harder to manage cause all my dogs sleep inside at night
Leaving him with the vet is the best idea. They can give him the needed IV fluids and care for him properly. It is hard to do this at home. I hope the outcome is good.

Turns out my baby has parvo:(

Please take your receipt and GET YOUR MONEY BACK from that first vet! Or better yet sue his worthless behind! My god that was soooo irresponsible, that quack should have his license revoked! Bloody diarrhea with a horrid smell is classic Parvo! And it is deadly!

Thank god you took him to a different vet because that pup would have died!

Back
Top Bottom