Anyones girls starting to pick up?

kyle7630

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2008
Semora NC
I have been seeing an ever so slight increase in egg production from week to week for about a month now. Went from getting 2-3 eggs a day from 11 hens to about 7 now. Anybody else have a flock that in picking up?

Yes, absolutely. My boss at work mentioned how the Winter Solstice happened, and now we get more light every day. Funny how the chickens respond in such a concrete, obvious way. Makes me think about the coming Spring! And The Garden! Every egg reminds me the winter is going to end, and the warm sunny days are coming back!

Yes I have 6 hens and it had gotten to 1-2 a day but we're back up to 3-4 a day. I thought it was due to the changes I made in their coop and feed, but certainly it could be due to more daylight. Since we just had snow/ice and sleet I expected them to slow down but they have picked up alot just in the last 4-5 days.

Yes and no. Mine slowed down a little. I think each one took a few weeks break......but at different times! lol The pullets that were hatched in summer are now starting to lay also, so the numbers are up.

Hi! Picking up slowly but surely here.
smile.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom