Anything to worry about?

harters

Hatching
Apr 13, 2017
Hi guys

In raising my third set of chicks and noticed two of this latest half dozen batch have 2 odd looking dots on their wing elbows... Not seen this before and so i thought I'd ask you guys for your thoughts?

The chicks are about 3 weeks old

Many thanks in advance

I've haven't raised very many chicks yet, but that does seem a little odd. Are they showing any other symptoms? Out of the 34 chicks I've raised so far I have noticed similar spots on some of my chicks, but a bit smaller and not so obvious. It was just their little shoulders? sticking through the fluff. How do they look now? Is it possible the others have been pecking at them, causing them to lose some fluff?
As long as the bumps are hard, like bone, not squishy or loose, and they seem healthy otherwise I don't think it's a big problem. Maybe someone else will have more insight.

Hi guys

In raising my third set of chicks and noticed two of this latest half dozen batch have 2 odd looking dots on their wing elbows... Not seen this before and so i thought I'd ask you guys for your thoughts?

Many thanks in advance
I would forward that pic to the hatchery they came from. If you got them from a feed store, find out where they got them, and forward the pic to that hatchery. IMO the feed store is not likely to be of any assistance. Or you could forward the pic to your county ag. extension poultry expert. Please post back with your findings.

Hi guys

Many thanks in advance

How is it doing?.....I see this was from 6 days ago....Looks like plugged feather follicles ..;).....

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom