Apartment Ducks

whyme94

Hatching
Jan 14, 2022
I used to feed the ducks in my granny apartments during the first outbreak of Covid. We all had a great relationship until one day I was sitting on the stairs and one of the ducks flew towards me while sitting on the stairs. Naturally I was startled, and I yelled at the duck because I thought it was mean and rude and then went inside the house. After that I stopped feeding the ducks. fast forward to today, I just recently came back to my granny house and while I was outside on the phone a duck flew straight towards me again.
Can anyone tell me what does that mean and why I am the only person that these ducks feel comfortable enough to fly towards me.

If they associate you with food, that may be why they are flying towards you. Do they actually fly and land on you or close by?
Hi, Thank you for your response! Can you explain more for me please... they land close by me, they have never actually landed on me. Just 1 of them always start flying towards me and I always get scared because I have never experience it before.

Hi, Thank you for your response! Can you explain more for me please... they land close by me, they have never actually landed on me. Just 1 of them always start flying towards me and I always get scared because I have never experience it before.
They have associated you with food. They are not being aggressive; they want food.

Back
Top Bottom