Apple Cider Vinegar usage for home remedies.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nicole01, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I ran across this article today looking for natural ways to help my chest cold/bronchitis. To my surprise, ACV is used for human use, and not just for chickens. This article explains how to use ACV for acne, colds, weight loss, yeast infections, diaper rash, ect... I thought I'd share my find with you guys.[​IMG]. I put ACV in the chicken waterer since they were a few weeks old to help with digestion.

Here's the article... http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/home-remedies.html

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
  3. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Thanks for that website, I added it to my favorites.

I also use ACV in homemade dog shampoo.

I use:
    1 cup of all natural dish soap
    1 cup of water
    1 cup of ACV

I found it on this website: http://www.ehow.com/how_4750496_homemade-dog-shampoo.html

It
    works great! I highly recomend it!

Thank you! We have 2 dogs. A golden retriever and an Aussie. I'll have to try it out.​

4. Gullygarden

Gullygarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    My family has always used ACV with honey at the first sign of a cold or sore throat, either in hot water like tea or in a spoon straight like cough syrup. about a tsp taken gradually either way seem s to help and can even ward off if done quick enough.

5. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did know about the various human benefits. Here's a simple one that I discovered on a website a while back that I just love. When poaching eggs, add a couple tablesppons of ACV to the boiling water. Then right before you drop the egg in, stir it vigorously to get the water spinning. Between the spinning water and the ACV, it helps the white to stay close to the egg and the result is a PERFECTLY poached egg. Every time I do it, I wonder how I ever made poached eggs without it.

6. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

We wash fruit with it. Add two capfuls to about a gallon of water and wash!

7. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Quote:I sooo need to try this. Thanks Laurajean!

ACV is the only thing that worked when I battled thrush while nursing. It worked amazingly fast, within a day.

8. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    My mother gave me a book called "The Vinegar Book" Has bunch things to use ACV for

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    My father always took ACV and honey for arthritis relief and swore by the results.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by