April 2010 Pullets- wanna wait with me?

It's crazy how happy you get when you FINALLY see that little egg, isn't it?

wee.gif

Yes, I'm sure the whole neighborhood knew that I finally got an egg, I ran into the house and woke the bf up from a dead sleep to show him the egg. I don't think he was as excited as I was to see the egg
lau.gif

I am sure there was much rejoicing on your part!! I'm so happy for you and your chooks! I was thinking about you this morning, hoping you would get an egg soon. We've been on this thread together for a while now & I was starting to feel kinda guilty that I got an egg yesterday and you didn't.... not so guilty it was gonna spoil it for me, mind you, but nonetheless, I was thinking of you and hoping your wait would not be much longer!

Congratulations!
yippiechickie.gif
Woohoo!

Got my first egg Monday, after just complaining what a load of freeloaders we had in the coop. Second egg came Tuesday, but nothing Wed or today yet. RIR and ISA that were brought home on 4/27.

Quote:
*** UPDATE ***

3 out of the 5 Pullets squatted for us today mutiple times today, I guess I'm getting close, the other 2 are about a week or two behind them in age.

usualy how long after sqwating will they start to lay ?

Last edited:
Golden comets seem to all be laying, saw one of the SS in the nest yesterday and there was an egg there after she left so at least one of the 3 is at it. Still don't think my RIR's or WR are laying since I'm only getting max of 4 per day. Thing is some of the May 30th Black Stars are looking like they may beat the April birds.

I had my first Black Copper lay an egg this afternoon she was hatched April 23 the egg was huge 2 1/2 inches long wonder how long before she lays again....not all of my April pullets are laying but they are sure getting close

waannn!
rant.gif
No egg squats, no egg song, so eggs, period! My girls (4 EE and 3 Favs) are 20 weeks old today.

Ok now that I have vented, Congratulations everyone with April Chicks that have laid.

Am I the only one left with 0 eggs?

Back
Top Bottom