April 2010 Pullets- wanna wait with me?

Our girls were hatched on Easter Sunday. They are BO and BR. Today I got our second egg !! I'm not sure who layed the first egg last Thursday, today I checked the coop at 1:00 and a BR was in the nest. I checked at 2:00 and a little brown egg was in there, There are 17 hens and they will be 20 weeks old this Sunday. I really hope eggs will start flying soon
wee.gif

Bill

WHOOO HOOO We finally got eggs... 14 Hens, and 21 weeks later.. I guess the roo joined in the egg song which my son described as the egg complete nervous break down. He was cleaning the pool, then he heard a chicken flipping out in the coop, the roo came running to her aid, then began to scream with her, after a few they settled down. Once he does cleaning the pool he went and looked in coop and there were two eggs in a box. So I guess it made him as upset as her... Thank goodness. Now I wonder if the other 12 are all gonna get going.
53024_46250_1538574554168_1529031250_31341168_3657973_n.jpg
[/img]

This is the first two eggs compared to a store bought large chicken egg

Last edited:
out if all the ones I got together. the only one showing any red is my black sex link. I got a dom. a black sex link. 2 golden comets 2 RIR and about 10 muts lol that are couple weeks behind the others. my husbands uncle said they would lay at about a year old.
somad.gif

I was like what the f*@k. he has about 100 free range muts that free range on there red clay hill lol. and all of them have chicks running around. they are suppost to lay around 5 to 6 mo. give or take. he just makes me so mad. he said if you want them to lay give em dog food instead of layer. I said whatever. lol

My older girls were hatched on March 29th and April 1st. They just started laying starting on Monday. I have a variety of breeds from Cornish to Americaunas. So far I think I have 6 of 14 laying. As of today I have gotten 16 eggs from the 6 girls! I kept looking in the nest boxes and when I pretty much gave up they decided to reward me. My advice is just to be patient as hard as that is. They will come.

Oh, I want to join this waiting club.

I have a total of 7 chickens. One, a white leghorn, was hatched a week before Easter, so last week of March of so. The four EE and the SLW were hatched at the end of April. The last one, a Copper Marans, is a little over a year old, and I bought her as an adult.

The Copper Marans gave me a couple eggs a few days after we bought her, then took a good 3 weeks off to get over the trauma of moving. She's given me 10 or so eggs over the last 2.5 weeks, so at least I see *SOMETHING* when I go out to the hens.

The leghorn is starting to show a bit of comb development, but she's definitely not got a red comb yet. Of my young girls, the SLW is starting to have really red comb and wattles, so I'm guessing she'll be my first of the young girls to lay.

Just found this thread. We have 26 pullets that hatched on April 4th and 3 more than hatched April 23rd. On Monday, our Java girl laid her first egg. It was so tiny, but she put it right in the nest box. On the second day, it must have surprised her because we found it in the garden. Ditto on her third egg. Yesterday, she laid it in the nest box, and today she laid her first extra large egg. She spent quite a bit of time in the box, but we were so excited to see a big one after all these petite little eggs. It must have been a lot of work for her to get the job done.

I wish the rest of the girls would get on board, but almost no one else has reddened up yet. We'll keep you informed on the rest of the flock. I can't wait to see the Welsummers' eggs. Hope they start soon!

Hi all. I got my chicks on 19 April so I guess they were 1-2 days old when they arrived. I have one Red Star, 2 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes, 1 Buff Orphington and about a week later my husband brought home another chick this one a Black Star so she's a week younger. Anyway, my Red Star I believe is really close to laying...nothing yet. So I thought I'd join this thread to see what kind of birds everyone has and let you know when our first eggs arrive.

Back
Top Bottom