April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
So my silkie replacement eggs are on the way!
:wee
Got the notification they should be here Friday morning. Will set later that day as they will be already 6 days old when they arrive. Breeder sent 6 lavender silkie eggs and 6 more "surprise" colors. I will add whatever my splash silkie Layla has laid by then, so far I have 2 saved. She is the only one laying again of my 3 silkie girls.
I have another set of 14 on day 4 of incubation on the Easter HAL. Hoping to get more than 0 hatch this time around!😊
I want to see lavender silkies, tell those eggs to get developing! How are air sacs looking?
Not bad I'm on my 2nd and will set 4 this yr
Something tells me stopping at 4 will be hard if you're already on 2 hehe

I want to see lavender silkies, tell those eggs to get developing! How are air sacs looking?

Something tells me stopping at 4 will be hard if you're already on 2 hehe
Well, the eggs were delayed 3 extra days, so already at around 10 days old when I set them Monday afternoon. 6 of the 12 had completely detached air cells. Thankfully only 1 out the 6 that were lavender were. Rest are loose, but I am cautiously optimistic I will get a few to hatch anyway! I will wait to candle on Monday, so at DAY 7 to see if anything is developing. Crossing all possible body parts that they do!😊

Back
Top Bottom