April 2022 hatch-a-long (non-Easter, and Easter welcome)

Pics
oh so a little mix! it is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes that one. :)
Yes, it is a little mix. Father looks like this...
We originally got this flock to help my mother get through dementia, she lived with us. It helped her for a good while, then it didn't anymore one day.
We never considered chicks in the beginning.
Hindsight is, well you know.
We don't sell our chicks, if someone wants one or some, we give them happily.
If we had thought more, we would have kept them breed specific and I wouldn't be guessing which hen lays what colored egg, and now, what chick belongs to who...
😑

Attachments

• 20220406_134020.jpg
    20220406_134020.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220406_134129.jpg
    20220406_134129.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 2
We originally got this flock to help my mother get through dementia, she lived with us. It helped her for a good while, then it didn't anymore one day.
If we had thought more, we would have kept them breed specific and I wouldn't be guessing which hen lays what colored egg, and now, what chick belongs to who...
😑
Oh wait... this does not comply with the rules... should I remove my comment/post?

😑
the dad is handsome! I wasn't going to hatch any either. And didn't plan on a roo but got one (well 2) from my sexed pullets.... and we LOVED them, but knew the Cochin was a roo first and had already said we would try it out and see and keep him so we kept him and rehomed the other....... I really want a splash Cochin and they aren't sold around here and I didn't want to mail order them and pay HUGE shipping fee's and so happens I have a blue Cochin hen and roo so decided I would try to hatch my own. I want to keep 1-2 splash Cochin pullets and will find homes for the rest (probably give them away as a straight run or just a couple $)

I am going to keep an eye on my roosters for a late April set, they are 4 months old. I still think that will be too young. But I am hopeful. I may have to wait until late May to get fertile eggs.
My roos are 5 months...my girls are too but they haven't begun layin yet.
One girl is letting the roo mate...and based on how my past pullets have done she does act like she is going to be layin soon.
She wouldn't let him if she wasn't right?

Back
Top Bottom