April Egg Swap....Partners pending

Quote:
Hi, ok, these are probably stupid questions, but I wondered last month as well, so I am just going to ask. Maybe someone else has wondered as well and will benefit from the answer. When we email in our information, in the haves and the wants, do we list ONLY a category? Or do we say what we have in the category? Also, I understand that we can't choose a breed, but do people say something like "bantam pure, but no xyz's, I hate those things...."? Sorry to be a pain, but I am just trying to understand how this all works. Thanks swapping-pros.
wink.png

I think we only need to list what category we are offering, since we can't choose a breed. Though I have requested the 'anything' category, with the specs of no button quail before, and that worked? Idk for sure.

ETA: I am SOOOOO IN on this one!!
celebrate.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
I always list what I am offering and what I'd like to receive. No you can't choose breeds but you can say Largefowl Purebred or Largefowl Mix, etc. You'd still not know what breed is being sent.

Quote:
You send Tiffany (barnyard) an email with what type of fowl you can send, along with your name and addy and stuff. Also in the email you will put what category you would like to receive: LF pure, LF mix, bantam pure, and so on. Around the 18th Tiffany will send you an email with the name and address of the person she has matched you with, and what you are to send. So you pack up your eggs, send them to your partner, and then pace and fret until your eggs arrive!
gig.gif
15-35 days later (depending on what you get), you should have some baby somethings!!
gig.gif
It is very fun, and nerve-racking, all at the same time!
gig.gif

Thanks Shelley! So since I have pure and mixed, she will tell me which ones I am to send? Should I include a note as to what type they are?

Hi, sounds like fun !I have -Bantams- Buff Brahmas, Bearded Milli Fleurs,Quail D' Anvers. Standards are RIReds, Buff Orphingtons, Silver laced Wyandottes, Blue Easter Eggers, Blue Aracaunas.. Wants- Dark Brahmas Standards, Blue Cochins, Black Cochins dark brahma bantams. Favorilles

Last edited:
Quote:
You just do that when you send your eggs if you want. Sending it to Tiffany shouldn't make any difference since we can't ask for a specific breed.

Back
Top Bottom