April Fools 2012 - New Forums / Sections - Exotic Backyard Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great. There are lots of peeps who may need information on bantam they may find abandoned. My sister in law just found a baby deer in her yard and has been watching it to see if its mother comes back. Will there be a section on finding wild babies?
Michele

If you find an abandoned wild animal you should call DNR to start with. I saw on TV the other night the stupid woman wanted to befriend a starving moose. She went up to it in her yard with sweet feed. This is a wild moose mind you. Guess what happens? Yeah, you can figure it out. This raising exotic animals is not my cup of tea. The life of a bear or cheetah is not intended to be spent in a cage.
idunno.gif

If you really want to do your part to make sure these forums stay a part of BYC, make sure to visit them (via the links in the first post on this thread) and don't just view them, make sure to post at least once or twice in each so that they stay active.

Love this thread!
When I was a kid my mom's cousin had a pet Tiger.
I loved that Tiger and always figured I'd raise Tigers when I grew up.
Well, after doing my research I realized it is way more work than I'm willing to offer.
But I love the animals and would love to read about others who are raising Tigers!
I'll keep checking back here and posting whatever I can add.

thumbsup.gif

Welcome! Missouri is rich with wildlife and I try to make a safe haven for all. We have 96 acres of pasture and wooded property, would love livestock but not the norm, Bison comes to mind. We have bat houses that the sparrows love so I'll have questions there. Presently we have a pair of Killdeer that has a nest of 4 eggs in the middle of my gravel driveway so I have barriers up to prevent visitors from driving over them. I'm not a believer in keeping wild animals when you shouldn't, I don't even keep my chickens in a cage. What a wonderful forum, I'm in!
woot.gif

I'm glad to have a place on my favorite forum to talk about my new pets (not quite yet, but soon!!!).

I opened a thread about the Ligers I'm going to be getting. Sweeeeeeeet!!

Think the neighbors would mind if I bring home an elephant and giraffe or maybe even a wooly mammoth.
Should probably get a tiger for predator patrol or visitor patrol. Neighbors horse comes to poop on the front yard again, let loose the tiger?

Need to add a forum on Wooly Mammoths
big_smile.png

Welcome!  Missouri is rich with wildlife and I try to make a safe haven for all. We have 96 acres of pasture and wooded  property, would love livestock but not the norm, Bison comes to mind. We have bat houses that the sparrows love so I'll have questions there. Presently we have a pair of Killdeer that has a nest of 4 eggs in the middle of my gravel driveway so I have barriers up to prevent visitors from driving over them. I'm not a believer in keeping wild animals when you shouldn't, I don't even keep my chickens in a cage. What a wonderful forum, I'm in!:woot

Why do those killdeer always do that? I'm sure they see us coming in and out of the drive way. Maybe you need to put up a sign "NESTING PROHIBITED WITHIN 150 FEET OF SIGN" Think it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom