1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

April Fools 2015 - Announcement - BYC Staff / Moderator Term Limits & Retirement

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Over the last three years there has been a tremendous increased interest in our members wanting to become a BYC staff member/moderator. The job is often hard and thankless, but our BYC Moderators are first-in-class members that love our community and put in a tremendous amount of time to help ensure that our millions of site visitors every month have an enjoyable experience! With that said, we've decided to start limiting all the staff/moderators to one year of service. This will allow many of our other amazing members the opportunity to become members of our team.

So, over the next two weeks, we'll be retiring the following moderators and thank them for their service:

(NOTE: each of these moderators can re-sumbit to become moderators again, but only after a one-year break in service)

Please take a moment to thank these amazing people for their years of great help and support to our wonderful community!

Starting tomorrow, the moderators (retiring and continuing) will be reviewing our most active and helpful members. Once that process is complete, we will select a handful to invite to join our team to replace those that will be retiring.

You can read more details about our moderator requirements from our FAQ's here:

Q: How do I become a moderator?
    A: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/13536/how-do-you-become-a-moderator

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    6 people like this.
  2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Yep, out with the old and in with the new. It was an amazing experience working with Rob and the rest of the team…. I'm not good with departure notes, so I'll just say "Good Luck" to the new mods!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    9 people like this.
  3. TamingMaster

TamingMaster Overrun With Chickens

Thank you all for keeping BYC safe! And, good luck to all of the new Moderators! :D

1 person likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Thankyou to all the moderators who are retiring for all their hard work in keeping and making BYC the place it is! :thumbsup

Wishing all the new mods the very best of luck in their new roles :highfive:

1 person likes this.
  5. Fuzzy Moto

Fuzzy Moto Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2015
    Plainfield Connecticut
    Though I am so new that I have not got my feathers yet, I would like to thank you all for your service to BYC. For without your hard work and diligence, BYC would not be what it is today, ready and welcoming to all us new eggs. Thank you.

6. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    A massive thanks to all of you...for your hard work and dedication to all of us to make BYC such a wonderful place.

7. Kikiriki

Kikiriki Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    Central Florida
    :goodpost:

I love BYC and part of it is due to the even-handed moderation! Thanks to all of you who helped keep BYC awesome!

8. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Thank you to the mods.

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's a great idea, Rob. I'll submit my resume immediately!

10. MrsHatz

MrsHatz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2015
    Coventry, RI
    Thank you for all your years of service, you guys have made us newbies feel welcomed!!

You rock!![​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by