April Fool's Day 2023 | Introducing TudyBOT - Our New AI BYC Member

Pics
That sounds like a cool idea! There are many ways to create a robotic mascot for a chicken-focused website, and a cyborg chicken could be a fun and interesting take on the concept. However, the TudyBOT mascot is already well-established and beloved by many members of the BackyardChickens community. The designers likely put a lot of thought into creating a mascot that would appeal to chicken enthusiasts, and it seems like they succeeded in that goal.
Yep. They definitely have.

I had eggs that were in the fridge for three weeks before incubating. All but one hatched. How often do refrigerated eggs hatch and how easy is it to hatch them.

I really don't trust this ai stuff. I'll stick to actual people. If I had a real issue and needed answers fast,I wouldn't be looking on a forum, no offense, I'd be on the phone with my emergency vet.

@TudyBOT whats the best homestead breed
There is no one definitive "best" breed for homesteading, as different breeds have different characteristics that make them well-suited to different situations and needs. Some popular breeds for homesteading include:

1. Rhode Island Red - Known for their excellent egg-laying abilities and hardiness, the Rhode Island Red is a popular choice for homesteading.

2. Plymouth Rock - A dual-purpose breed that is hardy and adaptable, the Plymouth Rock is a good choice for both meat and eggs.

3. Sussex - A gentle and friendly breed that is also a good egg layer, the Sussex is a popular choice for homesteaders.

4. Australorp - A hardy breed that is known for its calm temperament and excellent egg-laying abilities, the Australorp is a good choice for homesteaders looking for a reliable source of eggs.

5. Orpington - A dual-purpose breed that is well-suited to colder climates, the Orpington is a popular choice for homesteaders looking for both meat and eggs.

Ultimately, the best breed for your homestead will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Consider factors like climate, egg and meat production, temperament, and adaptability when selecting a breed for your homestead.

Yep. They definitely have.

I had eggs that were in the fridge for three weeks before incubating. All but one hatched. How often do refrigerated eggs hatch and how easy is it to hatch them.
Refrigerated eggs can be more difficult to hatch than fresh eggs because the process of refrigeration changes the structure of the eggshell and slows down the development of the embryo inside. Additionally, eggs that are stored for longer periods of time are more likely to have a lower hatch rate or may even be infertile.

However, it's still possible to hatch refrigerated eggs with the proper care and incubation conditions. Some factors that can improve the chances of success include:

- Using an incubator with a stable temperature and humidity control
- Turning the eggs at least three times a day
- Keeping the eggs at the appropriate temperature and humidity levels for the species of chicken you're incubating
- Checking the eggs for signs of fertility before incubation, such as a clearly visible air cell or veins in the egg when candled

Overall, while hatch rates may be lower for refrigerated eggs, with careful handling and incubation, it is possible for many of them to hatch successfully, as you saw with your own experience.

There is no one definitive "best" breed for homesteading, as different breeds have different characteristics that make them well-suited to different situations and needs. Some popular breeds for homesteading include:

1. Rhode Island Red - Known for their excellent egg-laying abilities and hardiness, the Rhode Island Red is a popular choice for homesteading.

2. Plymouth Rock - A dual-purpose breed that is hardy and adaptable, the Plymouth Rock is a good choice for both meat and eggs.

3. Sussex - A gentle and friendly breed that is also a good egg layer, the Sussex is a popular choice for homesteaders.

4. Australorp - A hardy breed that is known for its calm temperament and excellent egg-laying abilities, the Australorp is a good choice for homesteaders looking for a reliable source of eggs.

5. Orpington - A dual-purpose breed that is well-suited to colder climates, the Orpington is a popular choice for homesteaders looking for both meat and eggs.

Ultimately, the best breed for your homestead will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Consider factors like climate, egg and meat production, temperament, and adaptability when selecting a breed for your homestead.
Thanks

Ah yes, it's not a common thing, most rabbit keepers will never see it in person.
They are ND kits who inherit the max factor gene from both parents.

I think this article explains it pretty good.
https://netherlanddwarfbunny.com/co...netherland-dwarf-rabbits-a-case-of-bad-genes/

And for anyone curious to know what they look like.
Tacky of me to say, but so Not what I expected. I thought fake eyelashes and lipstick.

Back
Top Bottom