APRIL FOOLS HATCH, give or take a day.....who's in ??

Day 18 for me. I got up at 5:30am due to excitment....and worry too. So I removed the incubator from the turn tray, candled eggs and put back into egg tray with the addition of vinyl shelf liner, upped the humidity to 60 and am waiting for the humidity to drop back down now. Got up to 75 but last I checked it was down 70...temp right on.
Started with 13 eggs...down to 8 and one looked "iffy" when I just candled. I put a X on it so I will be able to tell if it doesn't hatch when the others do. IF they do...not counting my chicks until they hatch!
big_smile.png

First hatch for me with my new Brinsea....due date APRIL FOOLS DAY!
smile.png

WOO HOO
ABOUT 2:45 AM MY SECOND BABY WAS HATCHED

THEY ARE BOTH BLACK HMMMMM

THESE ARE FROM MY RHODLE ISLAND RED

I GUESS SINCE DADDY IS BLACK AND RED MAYBE THEY WILL HAVE HIS COLORS?

I HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING FROM THE OTHER 5
hit.gif

SHOULD I GIVE THEM ANOTHER DAY ?

WOULD IT HURT IF I TAKE THOSE TWO OUT AND MOVE THEM CAUSE THEY ARE RUNNING AROUND THE INCUBATOR LOOKING AND PECKING EVERYTHING
I GUESS THEY ARE READY FOR THE REAL WORLD

WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THOSE OTHERS?

Quote:
I don't know what your "hatch" date was but people on BYC say to give them 2-3 days after. I think it is ok to remove the dry chicks if no other ones are zipping and your incubator gets temps/humidity up pretty quick.

i go into lockdown tonight. i only have one egg out of a dozen developing. my incubator just sucks. the temperature has been fluctuating between 94-104 the whole time, so i'm surprised even one has made it this far. candled last night, and saw the baby moving around! So precious!
my friend is buying chicks this week, so he'll probably take this baby when it hatches so I don't have to worry about it being alone. My chicks are 4-5 weeks already, so this just works out better.

Back
Top Bottom