APRIL FOOLS HATCH, give or take a day.....who's in ??

Lockdown tonight! That went so fast! I already know what's going in my bator right after all these eggs hatch. True bantam Araucana eggs, and some of my own silkie bantam faverolle cross eggs.

Tomorrow is day 18 for me...mine went in on March 11. So...I will remove the egg turner and up the humidity tomorrow. Out of 13 I am down to 8 and I'm not sure about them. I see no movement from looking at them in the incubator...I'm assuming that the movement most are seeing is either while candling OR a day prior to "hatch"? I HOPE I get a few chicks anyway. My temp goes 99.5-99.7 and humidity from 40-45....this is in my Brinsea Octagon EX. I THINK that is ok....it says the aim is 99.5 and 40-45 RH in the directions that came with it.
fl.gif

Quote:
I've never seen an egg move. I've seen the embryo inside move when I was candling, but unless they're actively zipping and hatching, I don't think movement is expected.

Yay for you! I'm just about to take mine off the turner and lock it down. Somebody remind me
smack.gif
in three days that I had low temps at the beginning, so if they don't hatch right away I know I just need to give them a little more time...? I'll be in a panic, I'm sure. Hopefully all of your cooler heads will prevail!

Dont look here for a cooler head,
lol.png
This is my 2nd time hatching, way better than first, but still, I do tend to get a little shall we say....ocd? good luck! post pics!

SINCE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING THIS
I AM WAY OVERLY EXCITED

I WILL POST PICS WHEN BABY COMES OUT

I KNOW THAT ALL MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS WILL WANT TO SEE TOO

fl.gif
pop.gif

Quote:
good luck!

We are crossing off day 17 here now, tomorrow we will weigh them and then place them in a pink egg carton (hoping for girls).
I will try to really increase the humidity as much as possible, add water and replace both red plugs in the LG.

We had showers here last night and all day, and checking the weather in our area, looks like we will finally be getting some rain this week. lucky us.

Chance of Rain:
t 60%
w 30%
th 70%
fr 60%
s 30%

Back
Top Bottom