APRIL FOOLS HATCH, give or take a day.....who's in ??

Two days until lockdown for me... Getting really excited but I'm sill a bit unprepared... Not sure where I'm going to hatch - probably going to take them out of the carton and hatch them on the floor of the bator since I'm not done building the new shelves yet. My roo is currently sleeping in the brooder box in my shed so as not to wake up my neighbors at 4am. That means I have to find something else to put the babies in. I'll have to do some hunting around the garage his evening. On the upside I did remember to stop and buy a new heat bulb at the feed store yesterday... Too bad forgot the chick starter!!! Fortunately I'll be back out that way on Thursday and need a bag of layer as well so hopefully I'll remember it this time!

Here's hoping all three of my viable eggs hatch
fl.gif
And hoping I get a blue Marans that turns out to be a pullet (all my blues last time were roos
sad.png
)

Last edited:
I've got pipping, zipping, and peeping! 2 pips and it looks like one is zipping (but the shell fragments are sticking out from the bottom?). Can't wait to see these guys!

Day 18- I just took out the turner, added water, weighed some eggs and placed them all in the egg carton, incubator is back up to temp and hopefully humidity will climb.

Operation Lockdown has been initiated.

we weighed 5 eggs;

egg# | orig weight | weight at lockdown | grams lost | %lost

5, 59.0, 54.1, 4.9, 8%
6, 53.4, 47.9, 5.5, 10%
9, 56.4, 47.9, 9.2, 16%
17, 67.8, 60.8, 7.0, 10%
37, 56.9, 50.6, 6.3, 11%

I think my math is right...

WOW----- MODEL
I NEVER DID ANY OF THE WEIGHING ETC.... I JUST CROSSED MY FINGERS --LOL

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE ARE PIPPING AND ZIPPING

WE HAVE WAIT IT SEEMS FOREVER FOR THESE DAYS

AND I AM GOING TO DO IT AGAIN SUNDAY LOCKDOWN FOR ABOUT ANOTHER 10

WE WILL SEE!!!

I MAY HAVE SAID THIS BUT MY HUBBY SAW HIS FIRST HATCHING LAST NIGHT AND HE RECORDED IT FOR OUR GIRLS TO SEE TONIGHT

clap.gif
thumbsup.gif

so far none have hatched but im not giving up! One is almost halfway zipped and seems like its taking its sweet old time because were over 24 hours so far! but it is still going strong and cheeping away, on day 21 one more piped and has made little progress so far, can see another one wiggling away hopefully something soon!
smile.png

Hi,
I have 12 due april 1....doing lock down in a little while.
These are just mixed from my laying flock....fun project.
Hatched the same about a month ago and came out with some very pretty pullets.
Have EE's due in a weeks..........semara's april 9
and setting Austro's for Easter hatch...................
Good luck all
smile.png

day 19, no signs of nothing yet.

I maybe should stop staring at them
roll.png

on another note.

the temp is reading 98.4, has been for a day. I daren't touch the thing, as I don't want to shoot the temp way high. or just in case my hygrometer is reading wrong.

should I leave it alone??

Back
Top Bottom