Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Day 22 six chicks, one died during zip. The rest of the eggs are really quiet. Hope the rest are just a little slow.

I can't remember how many eggs you started with, but I hope the remainder hurry up for you. At this point, you just want to know that they're out and safe. Waiting is the hardest! Best of luck! :caf

My 6 have been chirping since yesterday, but no pips yet. Day 20.

I can't remember how many eggs you started with, but I hope the remainder hurry up for you. At this point, you just want to know that they're out and safe. Waiting is the hardest! Best of luck! :caf

My 6 have been chirping since yesterday, but no pips yet. Day 20.

Started with 31. It is hard waiting. I had such a good hatch last time with my own eggs. These are purchased barred rock eggs.

Out of a total of 34 eggs (we started with 40) that made it to lockdown 29 hatched! We lost one but the rest are happily in the brooder. I had a mini heart attack when I checked on then the first time, they all looked dead but they were just sleeping. Lol

I don't think that we did to shabby for our first time.

Out of a total of 34 eggs (we started with 40) that made it to lockdown 29 hatched! We lost one but the rest are happily in the brooder. I had a mini heart attack when I checked on then the first time, they all looked dead but they were just sleeping. Lol

I don't think that we did to shabby for our first time.

They look dead when they sleep! I always mage sure they are breathing lol

Hey everyone: What do you sterilize your bator with and how?

I soaked mine in bleach water, rinsed and repeated, then let the bator cook till dry before reloading, but there is a little funk. Hoping all of you use some magic product or technique.

I came home from work last night to a 'bator full of chicks and the humidity at 93%! There was so much condensation on the windows that it looked like it was going to start raining in there!
So, I opened it up and pulled them out. My cracked OEGB egg had hatched, with its yolk not fully absorbed. I placed it on a paper towel in hopes that it wouldn't drag the yolk around on the wire, but no such luck. I found it passed away this morning when I removed even more chicks to the brooder.
I think I have 35 or so chicks in my temporary brooder right now and about 30 eggs left in the incubator. There are a couple of wet chicks hanging out in there, lots of pips and wiggles. Then I have around 20 eggs under broodies in my coop, I have no idea what's going on with those eggs. I gave them to the girls and left them alone, so :fl
Today was supposed to be their actual hatch day. I'll post a pic at some point, if my DH ever gets off the computer :)

Heron's Nest Farm- I clean mine with vinegar and hot water, then let it dry in the sun. I occasionally use bleach solution, but mostly vinegar.
I must admit, my incubator does have a bit of a funky chick smell still. Another reason I bought a second 'bator. So I could have the fresh one for the first 18 days and the funky one for hatching. Hopefully someone else will come along with what they use and how to get the smell out. I'd like for mine to not be stinky too. The last time I cleaned it, I did use Lysol all purpose cleaner and rinsed it really well. It had a pleasant scent for a little bit, but it didn't last long :/

I got a pip. I got a pip. Yay!!!
wee.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif

Here's what my brooder looks like right now! And there are still eggs hatching like crazy, 3 more chicks have made their way out since I last posted (like 30 minutes ago)!

:woot :ya Here's what my brooder looks like right now! And there are still eggs hatching like crazy, 3 more chicks have made their way out since I last posted (like 30 minutes ago)!
Wow, they are so cute. Congrats!! Once they start it seem that all of them want to come out. I have to get my broader ready.

Back
Top Bottom