April Hatch Along

Pics
My Polish from @TJChickens hatched on the 22nd! I got 9 beautiful babies! Can anyone help with what colors they'll be? I'm not familiar with Polish chicks yet.
I THINK I have 2 white crested blues, 2 splash, 1 blue (with 1 or 2 white feathers in it's crest) and 3 white crested blacks. I have no idea about the chick in the 3rd pic, or any of them, really. I'm just guessing! Lol!

Super! :)
I love our splash and blues! Both roosters are splash. The chick in the third picture is probably from either a white crested red hen or one of the golden laced hens. My guess is golden laced. I look forward to seeing how they turn out :)

Hi, here are mine, my best hatch in 3 years :) I still have 12 eggs in the incubator, 9 of them pipped externally, 3 didn't.

:ya so many cute chick pics! Congrats everyone!!

Shipped eggs, it's hard to believe that some people will send stuff out the way they do. They sell eggs but won't take time to research the best packing methods?? WT#?? Maybe they just want the sale, and don't want people to actually hatch them. :rolleyes:

But definitely some of my best birds were shipped to me as eggs. So we take our chances. Good feedback is very important. I always appreciate when I get good comments (and hatches!) on eggs that I shipped out.

Hi, here are mine, my best hatch in 3 years :) I still have 12 eggs in the incubator, 9 of them pipped externally, 3 didn't.
Congrats on the full incubator of babies. Contacted the seller on the crushed eggs. They are gonna look and see if insurance was put on the eggs at the post office. Not sure how that works. Went to clean and organize them found 4 more with cracks. So down to 77. Hoping some hatch but not holding much hope. 1 quail is out. Rest just pipped and peeping. Saw 2 pips in turkey eggs when checking quail.

My eggs should be hatching starting today sometime. I had 36 production RIR mailed to me only 17 made it through the shipping process. However, the person shipping them showed awesome character and is shipping more today or tomorrow to incubate after these hatch. I would recommend their eggs based upon their values.

I set 40 eggs yesterday. I plan to set up to 40 more before Friday and build or borrow a hatcher in the next 3 weeks. Trying to get replacement eggs for the poor results, but sellers have been busy so I don't know if I'll get any.

So, short version of the story- I will be in a May Hatch Along!

Six eggs to go and then I just have to wait on the guineas in a few weeks. I have someone taking 11 of the chicks that hatched this weekend so that is a relief. One hen has 5 of the chicks so I will have to divide the remaining 16 (assuming all hatch) between the other two broodies. I think I will let broody #4 hatch the guineas.

I set 40 eggs yesterday. I plan to set up to 40 more before Friday and build or borrow a hatcher in the next 3 weeks. Trying to get replacement eggs for the poor results, but sellers have been busy so I don't know if I'll get any.

So, short version of the story- I will be in a May Hatch Along!

I will be in a May hatch along too! Ducks and chicks will be going into lockdown by next week! Some of these are eggs that took sightseeing tours so pretty anxious. The two orders that did this were the two orders I WANTED. Of course. :rolleyes: the other eggs are either for friends or for sale.

How are you making a hatcher? I ordered a 1602N Hovabator by accident( didn't look at the model number)....my friend's hubby is going to remove the wafer thermostat and install an electronic thermostat. I figured it was easier to do this than send it back. But I also have a really cool styrofoam cooler here that I THINK (LOL) is screaming at me to make it a hatcher, a brooder....something chicken related. :D Right? ;)

Is there going to be a May hatch-a-long? Looks like now that the incubator is empty I'll be doing a batch of chicken eggs. Now that I have learned about my new incubator, and have done chicks before, maybe I won't be so nutso
wink.png

Definitely need a May hatch along!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Six eggs to go and then I just have to wait on the guineas in a few weeks. I have someone taking 11 of the chicks that hatched this weekend so that is a relief. One hen has 5 of the chicks so I will have to divide the remaining 16 (assuming all hatch) between the other two broodies. I think I will let broody #4 hatch the guineas.

Ha! So you have a bunch going too! :lol:

I will be in a May hatch along too! Ducks and chicks will be going into lockdown by next week! Some of these are eggs that took sightseeing tours so pretty anxious. The two orders that did this were the two orders I WANTED. Of course. :rolleyes: the other eggs are either for friends or for sale.

How are you making a hatcher? I ordered a 1602N Hovabator by accident( didn't look at the model number)....my friend's hubby is going to remove the wafer thermostat and install an electronic thermostat. I figured it was easier to do this than send it back. But I also have a really cool styrofoam cooler here that I THINK (LOL) is screaming at me to make it a hatcher, a brooder....something chicken related. :D Right? ;)

I've heard the 1602 does well, and that a water is better for stability. No experience, just what I've read and seen here from folks that have them, they seem to like them. Although the wafer could be used in your cooler too. :D

Back
Top Bottom