April Hatch Along

Pics
Congrats to everyone who has chicks hatching out as I type!
celebrate.gif
I now have 3 beautiful ducklings
love.gif

Waiting on one more duckling..I have 2 eggs in the bator, but I am not sure one of the eggs developed completely? Time will tell
idunno.gif
After these last 2 duck eggs...I am taking a break and enjoying my babies!!! Hatching is STRESSFUL..LOL!!!

Calichicken: Congrats on the new duckys.

Candled my turkey eggs on day 19 and 16. Had 80 set tossed about 25 early death and non fertile.

Beginning to think my palm tom is a dud. Have not got a palm yet.

Candled some pheasant eggs out of my pen day 7. I saw a few with veining and embryos. But those eggs are hard to see into. Those will just wait on hatch to see what's good.

Calichicken: Congrats on the new duckys.

Candled my turkey eggs on day 19 and 16. Had 80 set tossed about 25 early death and non fertile.

Beginning to think my palm tom is a dud. Have not got a palm yet.

Candled some pheasant eggs out of my pen day 7. I saw a few with veining and embryos. But those eggs are hard to see into. Those will just wait on hatch to see what's good.

Thanks! I can't wait to see your turkey babies!!! They are so ADORABLE!!!! How many days for turkey eggs to incubate?

Good morning all!! So I woke up early today and decided to take whatever time I have while the toddler sleeps to check in on the incubator. Sure enough there were babies! One of last nights pips had hatched, and another who must have progressed pretty quickly. I also got to watch a chick zip and hatch for first time! So now I have three chicks and four pips. They aren't quite at day 20. Plus so far they are all blue (not 100% sure with the fresh hatched, but I'm pretty certain)!!
Congrats! I also loved watching the hatch from wobble & peep to pip to zip to out. Coolest thing ever. It made me a kid again!
On the 25th day, only 6 of 20 eggs hatched in my dependable Brinsea Oct 20 Adv so I broke them. From these photos, can anyone tell me likely reason that these eggs had no development
It doesn't look like anything started at all, so my guess would be that they were infertile. I don't have any experience with shipped eggs, but I do understand that can be a factor too.

Did my 7 day candle Sunday evening- only lost 2 out of 26. One was clear and the other looked like the yolk was scrambled. My own eggs and handled very gently.

That's awesome - yes, I much prefer hatching my own backyard flock eggs - and hopefully after this stint of shipped egg hatching, I will have the breeds I want to finally start doing more of that!
My Buffy broody this morning has three chicks and 1 more zipping - so only one egg to go (I didn't get a good look at it, so not sure if it pipped or not.) And then the true test of what kind of mamma she will be!! I wonder when they decide they're done hatching and that it's time to start raising the babies (taking them to water, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom