April Hatch Along

Pics

These and three other pure bred anacona ducklings were hatched less than a day ago. They were hatched in my brinsea mini eco. First time hatcher and I got a 100 percent hatch rate

If you are talking to me....I expected to have to ride temp and humidity - but didn't a whole lot. But then we kept it in a separate closed small room, not a lot of fluctuations.
Sorry your experience was so negative :(

That came off kinda hateful because it was pure frustration and I didn't reread. I'm sorry it sounded that way. I do think you are right though....to avoid fighting with the Farm Innovators it must be in a closed in area with few fluctations. And don't open it.....or as very little as possible. A friend locally has been fighting with her incubators as well. We had rains/flooding that then went to wind advisories. :rolleyes: The air inside my house got to 75% at one point...everything was saturated. :( I didn't have as many problems with it the first time but then I didn't have so many wild temp/humidity swings either. Even my Hovabator has struggled to maintain in this CRAZY weather we have had. But not as badly. So I guess more of that learning curve. :)

NEED SOME ADVICE! So my 5th chick hatched today, day 21 for that egg and mostly hatched unassisted. I was so hopeful this one would make it out alone like the last one did, but it got the top of the egg shell off then got stuck! It had its wing out and part of its back but couldn't get its head up, it had been out a while and was already fluffing up, it was starting to get cemented in like the other two did, I could see the inner membrane hardening around the exposed area so I helped it out, its wing is still a little stuck with the gunk and it has its umbilical cord still attached to its dried up yolk sac. I am scared to cut it incase it bleeds and gets infected. The incubator is not too clean at this point! How long do you think it should take for it to dry up and fall of on its own? I have another egg pipping right now so I don't really want to have to open again, and it is resting on some paper towel in the corner right now. Would you leave it?? Or cut it?

NEED SOME ADVICE! So my 5th chick hatched today, day 21 for that egg and mostly hatched unassisted. I was so hopeful this one would make it out alone like the last one did, but it got the top of the egg shell off then got stuck! It had its wing out and part of its back but couldn't get its head up, it had been out a while and was already fluffing up, it was starting to get cemented in like the other two did, I could see the inner membrane hardening around the exposed area so I helped it out, its wing is still a little stuck with the gunk and it has its umbilical cord still attached to its dried up yolk sac. I am scared to cut it incase it bleeds and gets infected. The incubator is not too clean at this point! How long do you think it should take for it to dry up and fall of on its own? I have another egg pipping right now so I don't really want to have to open again, and it is resting on some paper towel in the corner right now. Would you leave it?? Or cut it?

I'd leave it for now, if its just gunk. That stuff usually gets dragged off, with no issues. If not, it will shrivel up fairly quickly. I occasionally snip them when moving chicks from the hatcher to the brooder.

Congrats!

That came off kinda hateful because it was pure frustration and I didn't reread. I'm sorry it sounded that way. I do think you are right though....to avoid fighting with the Farm Innovators it must be in a closed in area with few fluctations. And don't open it.....or as very little as possible. A friend locally has been fighting with her incubators as well. We had rains/flooding that then went to wind advisories. :rolleyes: The air inside my house got to 75% at one point...everything was saturated. :( I didn't have as many problems with it the first time but then I didn't have so many wild temp/humidity swings either. Even my Hovabator has struggled to maintain in this CRAZY weather we have had. But not as badly. So I guess more of that learning curve. :)
Np - really - learned long time ago to read "voice" into texts as little as possible! ;)
And u r sooo right about the learning curve - think I may try "dry" incubation next go round :)

Back
Top Bottom