Aquaponics?

RhodeIslandReds

Songster
9 Years
Mar 5, 2010
fl
I am a newbie when it comes to Aquaponics and need some help.
I need help on begining this project and what I will need. I also want to learn what I can grow in Aquaponics and what type of breeds of fish I can use. I am willing to spend money on this project and learning on what I need and what the basics are. I live in FL and have a aove ground pool that is holding fish and will be able to change the pool into a aquaponic pool hopefully.

Any Info will help and any things I should avid doing.
Thanks,
RIRs

Oh, that's another project I would LOVE to get into if I had the money to fund it. It's like everything though. Run a google search and you'll be inundated with information. The problem is just figuring out which info to use.

We are going to try the same thing this summer. There was another person on here who was going to try it, but lots of people jumped on him/her about it. I think the post was titled Catfish in a Barrel or something like that. It sounds pretty exciting and like it can be done rather cheaply if you can recycle most of the equipment. I suggest doing the google search as well. There is TONS of information out there and lots of different ideas.

Do a search on here, there are quite a few fish growing threads already.
smile.png

http://whitemountainsranch.webs.com/aquaponics.htm

Hey White I see you have a set-up already for the aquaponics. What tpye of pool do you need for this and the depth? I am also wondering why you choose Nile Tilapia for the fish? I want to get into this and need tips on how to start. I have read plenty of stuff on google and lots of info but I want personal opinions.

Thanks,
RIRs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom