Arabian Horse Enthusiasts (photo thread)

She actually was a double-Fadjur daughter (possibly triple as memory ain't so great: Bint Fadjeyba)...great broodie, but a horrible ride. Kind of like sitting aboard Pepe LePew. Boing, boing, boing. My favorite riding mare was the Barich de Washoe daughter La Morena who had gone through a string of trainers by the time I got her, so she could ride, drive, do cow work. BUT all that manhandling left her really, really sour -- indeed, the expression on her face was often like she smelled something BAD -- and my first saddlings of her often had her rearing in the cross ties. The folks I bought her from thought she was infertile...she wasn't, though. I threw her out in the pasture and let her just relax a bit. Casual rides, no performance stress. She turned out to be fabulous, but she just needed the right owner to understand her and what she needed. Loved the fact that I could just point to the trailer and say "Get in" and off we'd go to hack a portion of the Tevis trail. Worked through most of her issues, but for some reason she hated geldings and was never too keen on her colts. One of her foals, Blues Rondo, went on to be National Top Ten performance, I believe. She was a liver chestnut, which is why I'm so partial to them now....that and a pearly fleabit.

I'm right now in the process of moving, so photos will have to wait until unpacking. After living in the city for a decade or so we (new hubby and I) have bought a farm-ette in Corrales, THE horse capital of New Mexico. Raising apples, which require neither speed nor agility on my part. We're in a VERY horsey community...indeed, no sidewalks nor street lights...just riding trails. Our property even has an old iron hitching post out back for visitors, although neighbors tell me the past owners kept no horses. I love sitting on the porch with my morning coffee and hearing the clip-clop of folks headed out on their morning ride. I've got a nice win-win situation with a neighbor who gets my mower clippings as most of my property is irrigated lawn (with orchard) for her corralled rescued horses and I don't fill up my garbage bin with grass clippings as I've got plenty of other stuff to put therein...plus it gives me horse face-time without having a wheelbarrow involved. :)

Last edited:
Found a few ad hoc photos, but none of Blue's glammie magazine shots. Sorry for the big space between photos....scanner wasn't working right.

This is La Morena at 9 months pregnant on turnout and truckin'
A lot of folks mistook her for a Morgan (and in person her neck wasn't short..it just photographed that way in this pic)

This is Bluesong after show ring days enjoying being Mr. Mom to his sons

And this is GG Samirs Melody (who looked more like her grandsire AN Malik in stature but had those soft Samir eyes) with her son Blues Riff

Last edited:
Let's see if this works... (Still wonky scanner)

Bluesong with trainer Denny Hansen. (Bluesprucetanzeer x WN Nadias Song -- GG Samir daughter x Naborr daughter)
He was a typey horse with beautiful head and legs, but unfortunately his competition in the ring was Fortunate Son and other "East German swim horses" of that era, so he always looked so, well, puny in comparison. We showed him for about a year and then brought him home to the breeding barn where we were all much happier. He was a dream to handle in the breeding barn as he was a quick study for the phantom (breeding dummy for collecting for A.I.), would unfurl for cleaning if you whistled "My Country Tis of Thee" low and off-key, and would obey hand signals for breeding duties. He put the pretty on his foals and fabulous legs, but the mare's body type would show through. I sold him when he was 13 as I just wasn't using him for anything after the divorce and his new owners enjoyed showing him (halter and performance) and expanding his breeding circle. Teenagers would take him out for trail rides. He was smooth as butter to ride. Just a swell overall once in a lifetime horse. (And kind of a clown....definitely had a fun personality) He was my first and last horse of my equine career. I miss him.

Here is La Morena (Barich de Washoe x Comar Bay Brummel daughter) with her foal Blues Tango. This was the year that I got nothing but bay fillies in the foaling barn. Nirvana!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, and well gorgeous Peep Show!
droolin.gif
I am very partial to grays so they really get to me! That Bluesong and "My Country Tis of Thee".
gig.gif
He was saluting. I love these stories!

Sounds like your new community fits you like a pair of comfy shoes!!!
big_smile.png

Here's a full body shot of old Risky girl from a few years back.

*Pattrone was her grandsire

His most famous son was Padron

Cass Ole was a very accomplished show horse before he became a movie star. He had some stunt doubles, two in the first movie at least and I think more in the second. (He wasn't the running horse or the horse running in the water.)

Oh, and he was like riding a smooooth rocking chair (or maybe it was that cloud 9 I was floating on
love.gif
).

I like this picture of him. He looks like he had a great temperament. Especially for a stallion. Probably a very sane horse as well.

LOVE Arabian horses! Unfortunately a back injury has curtailed my mobility and my raising and riding of these wonderful sentient horses.... Seriously, to ever mount a horse again it would have to be built like a Corgi. But I had the extreme privilege of owning and running a stud farm ca. 1990 to 1997 and totally loved it....foals are awesome. My stallion was a 3/4+ brother to WN Ultimate Star who put a nice batch of babies on the ground and was a stellar gent and everything an Arabian should be: Kind, compassionate, intelligent, gorgeous. He was such a sweetie that we had him babysit the weanlings and he was a great Mr. Mom. My most notable mares were own daughters of Barich de Washoe, Fadjur, Karajordge, and a GG Samir daughter out of an AN Malik daughter, among others.

Sadly, the ranch dissolved in the divorce, I hung up my saddles and my horses have passed away. However, I will enjoy reading about and looking at your horses. Ride on and write on!
I bet you had a herd of some very nice horses. It's always sad when things go south.. I hope you still find ways to enjoy horses!

Awesome bloodlines Peep_Show! Do you have any pictures you could share? I have to go scan in some of mine and that will take a bit to find them and get that done, but I will! Most of mine are going to be old ones anyway since I am down to three now days.

You could probably pull some pictures off the internet too if you want. I already did that with Cass Ole.

Here is a shot of Fadjur. Farrah is a grand daughter of his Sanna. Peep_Show had a daughter, I'll bet she was a beauty!

The Fabulous Fadjur with Kathleen Tone Hammer at Jack Tone Ranch. Shown in 1968 at age 16, after returning from his U.S. Reserve National Champion Stallion win.
I always loved Fadjur. He was so handsome. I rode a gelding once that came with no pedigree but I swear there had to be Fadjur in there somewhere. Everything about this horse just screamed Fadjur. I wish I still had pictures of him. They were on my old laptop....and the hard drive croaked. Lost hundreds and hundreds of photos. Not sure if I'll ever get those pictures out.

Gorgeous, gorgeous, and well gorgeous Peep Show!
droolin.gif
I am very partial to grays so they really get to me! That Bluesong and "My Country Tis of Thee".
gig.gif
He was saluting. I love these stories!

Sounds like your new community fits you like a pair of comfy shoes!!!
big_smile.png

Here's a full body shot of old Risky girl from a few years back.

*Pattrone was her grandsire

His most famous son was Padron
That Risky is a cutie pie!
big_smile.png
She has the same head as Pattrone.
Padron was a Patron son (out of Odessa), which would make Pattrone and Padron half-brothers.
wink.png

There's Patron in all my mares pedigrees through El Kasaka, who was a son of Patron.
big_smile.png

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/cr+ziniadia+dwa
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/cr+kiyevs+melody
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/buffy+the+slayerr
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/springs+request

May I ask what's in the rest of Risky's pedigree? I looked up Pattrone and that's a NICE pedigree.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Oh yeah, yeah yeah! That extra "T" always does that to me. Thanks for keeping me straight! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Yes, those boys in those days were something else. He really put his stamp on them didn't he? I always liked Khemosabi too. Boy he was a flashy son of a gun!

I saw Khemosabi a year or two before he passed. What a GORGEOUS eye he had. And at his advanced age still a major contender... Great to the end.

Funny how small the Arabian horse world is.... Padron lived in Alamo, CA, just down the street from where I first saw Blue and kept the mares for a year or two before I bought the Auburn ranch. Drove by there the other day...the ranch is now all high-end estate homes. The east bay hills I used to ride on as a teenager are now full of lawyers' homes. Things sure do change given a decade or two or three! Bluesong and Fame at one time were next-door stall buds. Lots of big-name horses went through the Bay Area in CA. Region 3 was a tough show circuit!

I never got to see him in person I wish I had. There were so many big name farms around there in that area. I wouldn't have wanted to compete in Region 3. I'll bet you got to meet and see a lot of of my idols if you were in that area.

I visited many of the big farms in the east and central Texas areas. I got to watch Patrick Swayze show his stallion Tammen, that was pretty nice. Never met the Marshalls, but did meet the McNairs. Their son still has a training facility around Spring I believe. They turned Gleannloch Farm into estate homes and a golf course. I remember Fame, the Varian stallion?

Back
Top Bottom