Arabian Horse Enthusiasts (photo thread)

Sanna

Songster
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
Connecticut
I know I'm not the only Arabian Horse fanatic around! I'm very passionate about my horses and will talk about them and the Arabian breed any chance I get. Sometimes I drive people nuts but that's ok.
lau.gif

I'd like to start a thread for all of us "crazy Arab people, to share pictures and stories of our horse friends and past friends. I want to see looots of pictures! I'm a bit of a photographer too and love to look at pictures. lol

At the moment, I have four amazing Arabian mares in my care. They moved in November 2nd of last year. The goal is to take these girls in the show ring. Winter was ROUGH and we lost a lot of work hours, everyone got fat and lazy...but we've been getting back on track slowly!
big_smile.png

Here they are!
This is Momma Spring (Springs Request, by Sumarai, out of Breath of Spring) She's 18 this year. She's had two fillies and looks mighty fine for her aga if you ask me.
big_smile.png

Enjoying some outdoor time and food. Spring lives for food you know. lol

There's Spring's younger daughter Buffy the Slayerr. (CR Kiyev [*Muscat son] x Springs Request)

When Buffy came to me, she was very green. She had had maybe a dozen rides or less. This picture was taken at our early stages of working together.
smile.png
She's such a smart girl!

Look at those two girls! lol Buffy and Melody hanging out.

She's still gorgeous with bad hair and all. lol

CR Ziniadia Dwa (CR Kiyev [*Muscat son] x Mistress Mine by El Kasaka)
This girl is my favorite. She is also known as the Red Horse. And the two of us....the Blonde and the Red Head.
lol.png
Apparently we always put on a good show...whatever that means. We do have lots of fun working together! Ziniadia is such a doll.

Got the girls all braided up for some photos. This was very, very early in the year.

The beginning stages of our journey together.

CR Kiyevs Melody (CR Kiyev [*Muscat son] x HK Menuette by Namen)
Melody is the sweetest girl but she also has quite a fiery side. Because she is so loving and sweet, you wouldn't know much horse there is in this package if you didn't know her!

And then there's granddaddy *Muscat!

As well as El Kasaka, also known as Jake.

Back in November of 2013 when the girls first arrived. They can pretty much see the entire farm from their paddock.

So there it is. Please share pictures of all Arabian Horses!!
wee.gif

Oh yeah, yeah yeah! That extra "T" always does that to me. Thanks for keeping me straight! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Yes, those boys in those days were something else. He really put his stamp on them didn't he? I always liked Khemosabi too. Boy he was a flashy son of a gun!

You did it !!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
Hip, hip hurray. I've been an Arabian fan since my childhood encounter with Walter Farley's Black Stallion, etc. books. My grown niece is also an Arabian lover, however, she has actually ridden horses. I'm a spectator - at 66.5- that's about the most energetic I get.

You did it !!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
Hip, hip hurray. I've been an Arabian fan since my childhood encounter with Walter Farley's Black Stallion, etc. books. My grown niece is also an Arabian lover, however, she has actually ridden horses. I'm a spectator - at 66.5- that's about the most energetic I get.
It's never too late to ride a horse, you know!
wink.png

YAY!!!! Whoop!!! Whoop!!!
wee.gif

OK, I know this will be my favorite thread from now on. Ha! Ha! Ha! Please forgive repeats on pictures of mine posted in other threads, but until I dig into some of the old computer to get some "new" ones........

This is Risky. She is the "old" girl (just don't say that to her) on the place right now at age 26.

This is Farrah she is 13

Sassy, Lexi, and Risky from left to right

This is Lexi and my daughter Jamie

Farrah posing

Farrah, Lexi and Risky from left to right

I only have these three now as my other precious babies have gone to the rainbow bridge, but I will post pictures of them also.

Farrah and Risky are rescues

Farrah and her baby were being sold to a killer plant and I swooped on them.

This is her baby boy that was at her side (that is Sassy in the background not his mother):

You did it !!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Drumstick Diva I was also. I had every one of his books. I have the movies too.

In the original Black Stallion movie with Micky Rooney, Cass Ole played the Black. I actually got to ride him at a horse show. It was one of the most AWESOME moments of my life!!! This is a picture of Cass Ole with Kelly Reno (Alec) I pulled off the internet:

He actually had a white star and white socks that they dyed for the movie.

YAY!!!! Whoop!!! Whoop!!!
wee.gif

OK, I know this will be my favorite thread from now on. Ha! Ha! Ha! Please forgive repeats on pictures of mine posted in other threads, but until I dig into some of the old computer to get some "new" ones........

This is Risky. She is the "old" girl (just don't say that to her) on the place right now at age 26.

Farrah posing
Do you know what the breeding on Farrah is?
I don't think Risky should be ashamed of her age because she looks REALLY good for 26! I love her face.

Drumstick Diva I was also. I had every one of his books. I have the movies too.

In the original Black Stallion movie with Micky Rooney, Cass Ole played the Black. I actually got to ride him at a horse show. It was one of the most AWESOME moments of my life!!! This is a picture of Cass Ole with Kelly Reno (Alec) I pulled off the internet:

He actually had a white star and white socks that they dyed for the movie.
I think I have one or two of the Black Stallion movies as well. Always liked the movies when I was a little kid before I ever knew "The Black" was an Arabian! lol Then I REALLY liked the movies.
lol.png
Cass Ole seems to have been quite the horse. Great example of the breed.

Cass Ole was a very accomplished show horse before he became a movie star. He had some stunt doubles, two in the first movie at least and I think more in the second. (He wasn't the running horse or the horse running in the water.)

Oh, and he was like riding a smooooth rocking chair (or maybe it was that cloud 9 I was floating on
love.gif
).

He was a great example of the breed.
smile.png

LOVE Arabian horses! Unfortunately a back injury has curtailed my mobility and my raising and riding of these wonderful sentient horses.... Seriously, to ever mount a horse again it would have to be built like a Corgi. But I had the extreme privilege of owning and running a stud farm ca. 1990 to 1997 and totally loved it....foals are awesome. My stallion was a 3/4+ brother to WN Ultimate Star who put a nice batch of babies on the ground and was a stellar gent and everything an Arabian should be: Kind, compassionate, intelligent, gorgeous. He was such a sweetie that we had him babysit the weanlings and he was a great Mr. Mom. My most notable mares were own daughters of Barich de Washoe, Fadjur, Karajordge, and a GG Samir daughter out of an AN Malik daughter, among others.

Sadly, the ranch dissolved in the divorce, I hung up my saddles and my horses have passed away. However, I will enjoy reading about and looking at your horses. Ride on and write on!

Back
Top Bottom