Araucana chick????

dandydoodle

Songster
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
georgia
I have a 2 month old chicken that I believe is an Araucana. I was told I was buying Buff Orpingtons. Two of the three are Buff Orpingtons. Molly was always a lot lighter then the rest. She is now two months old. I think she might be developing a Pea comb and tufts. She looks like an Araucana. The only thing that confuses me is she was born solid light yellow. I thought Araucanas always have that stripe down their back as a chick. Are Araucanas ever a solid color as a baby. Is it possible she could be an Araucana?????

Thanks soooooo much,
Michelle
tongue.png

Do you have any pictures? Where did you buy her from? If it was from a feed store, then she would be an easter egger.

I did get her from the feed store. They were selling four different kind of chicks at the time. Molly was in with the Buff Orpingtons. Are Easter Eggers ever solid as a baby?

Please forgive me I only say this cuz others will read this. If you want to know what breed a chick is or a full grown chicken, please post a picture. One, cuz I like pics and will respond quicker and B. I like pics. Unless of course if it's a silkie,
sickbyc.gif
(just kiddin , don't get your knicker in a twist).

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom