Araucana Cockerels Available Tufted and Rumpless

Oh well you are really pushing the chickens. It might be too cold to ship little chicks right now...but I was going to try to get 15 black chicks (actually I want 7 black pullets to go with that nice little cockerel chick I posted a picture of on Grampa Steve's Yahoo group- the one Alan said had nice willow legs
big_smile.png
).

ETA: no tufts required, but Id prefer rumpless

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not actually pushing just chickens, but trying to get more breeders into Araucanas. I've raised them since 1965, but only have had time to raise a bunch in the last couple of years. If some one is interested in breeding I try to do all I can to help. I will begin shipping chicks in Mid-March in lots of 20 to 25. I don't guarantee how many chicks will be tufted, but all will be rumpless. I will not knowingly ship a tailed chick. IGANICO, who is selling Araucanas on BYC right now bought 50 from me last spring.

Put me on the Spring list then, Gary. I've seen pictures of your birds and they are really nice.
smile.png

Last edited:
I wish I had $$$ right now for buying chooks.... no more until Spring unfortunately
sad.png
I need more... I only have the 3 right now and my only tufted is tailed not to mention my only pullet and the roos are both cleanfaced. I'd love to add some more birds in the spring

Gary,

Your strategy of getting others involved with the breed has proven to be at least partially successful as you managed to drag me to the tufted side.

I for one would definately be interested in one of the boys if you would be interested in selling a matching pullet.

Drop me a line when you get the time.

Don

It's nice to see a breeder actually making their birds available. Many breeders are not this way. As I said if it was a different time of year, I'd be interested.

Quote:
Sara, check with me next Spring. I start shipping chicks in March, but will be shipping started birds much earlier.

Back
Top Bottom